16 weeks and not finishing bottles

Lolly85x

Reaction score
So my little monkey was taking 6oz every 4hours, he was in a good routine, and sleeps well. He was draining his 6oz bottles, so I started making him 7oz. Not bothered if he takes it but would rather he was leaving some than still being hungry.
So maybe about the past week and a half, he's not been taking anywhere near his full bottle. He's taking about 3oz then maybe an hour later taking another 2/3. It's not like him at all. He's on Gaviscon for his sickness. And I thought maybe it was blocking the teat, so got the size 3 teats. Iv tried feeds without the Gaviscon and he's just the same, I thought maybe he didn't like the taste.
Has anyone experienced similar?

My LO is 15 weeks and is on between 7 and 8oz (greedy monkey lol) - and for the past few days he's only been taking around 6oz of each bottle (with the odd one drained). My thoughts were perhaps a growth spurt coming to an end?

I did think that too... Also maybe with him not being sick anymore he doesn't need as much. But it's the way he's going to back it... Just when you think you have them sussed!

Yep - they certainly like to keep us on our toes!!!

He's not got a tummy bug or anything has he? How are his poos? Xxx

His poo's are fine, he seems fine in himself. I spoke to the doctor the other day when I was getting his gaviscon and she says that because he's not being sick with reflux anymore he might be fuller. And not to worry unless he's not gaining weight xxx

Sounds like good advice to me. He's a gorgeous boy btw xxxx

Aw thanks! We're lucky mummies having such cute wee heartbreakers! Haha!
Well today I bought him the cow&gate fruit pots and gave him a couple of spoonfuls. Oh my god! He loved it.
I wasn't going to wean him for a while, so was just a little taste xxx

Oh wow really? T's been much more interested in food the last couple of days and gets very excited when he sees his bottle. Did you get a photo of his first mouthful? Xxx

I was really going to wait till 20-24 weeks but I just thought I would try a wee mouthful... Haha!! My OH did. Was funny. But he didn't gag or screw his face up. So we will maybe try again soon. Just introduce flavours.xxx

He is just lush! We did the same - started giving tastes and it has helped to increase his milk appetite. He loves fresh mango!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354355825.856222.jpg

Agh! So cute :) look at that hair!!! What age did you start giving a taste at??xx

Ah lolly & Mrs T your little guys are just soooooo cute. Lolly, I love Williams smile xxx

Ooh Lolly we both have Williams!

The hair is lovely but difficult to wash banana out of lol!

He started having tastes at 17+2 but will eat food he likes. I tried pouches but he didn't like them so I just offer tastes of whatever fruit or veg we have.

Yeahy to Williams. I think I am just going to do the same. I'm not offering rather than a bottle it's just a wee taste after his bottles. I think his face said he was enjoying it xxx

Yeahy to Williams. I think I am just going to do the same. I'm not offering rather than a bottle it's just a wee taste after his bottles. I think his face said he was enjoying it xxx

Lolly I was just coming on to start a thread because I'm having the exact opposite problem - same age but she's taking 4 or 5 9oz bottles a day!! That's a huge difference to the SMA recommendations and more than the recommended amount for a 6 month old!

I started giving her baby rice at the weekend and she loved it. We'll do baby rice this week then I'll start different tastes next week. She's still taking her full bottle after her dinner though, she's a glutton!!

If it's not one thing it's another eh?! xx

Luna has started to do the same, she used to have 6oz every 4 hours so we increased it to 7. Now she struggles to drink 4 or 5? She seems to be full of air/wind. We are now going over the 4 hours to make sure she is hungry. X

Lolly I was just coming on to start a thread because I'm having the exact opposite problem - same age but she's taking 4 or 5 9oz bottles a day!! That's a huge difference to the SMA recommendations and more than the recommended amount for a 6 month old!

I started giving her baby rice at the weekend and she loved it. We'll do baby rice this week then I'll start different tastes next week. She's still taking her full bottle after her dinner though, she's a glutton!!

If it's not one thing it's another eh?! xx

I never seen this Till now Leesey. How is she feeding now???xxx

Luna has started to do the same, she used to have 6oz every 4 hours so we increased it to 7. Now she struggles to drink 4 or 5? She seems to be full of air/wind. We are now going over the 4 hours to make sure she is hungry. X

Good Luck!! These babies like to keep us on our toes!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back