16 week m/w appt!

saz-jay

Reaction score
What happens exactly at the 16 week appointment? I have my appointment on the 23rd of december (i'll be 2 days short of 17 weeks at the time) and as this is my 1st pregnancy so i dont really know what to expect.

Not 100 per cent sure as i didnt have my first scan till i was 16 wks gone as didnt tell anyone i was pregnant! Anyways im sure she'll check how you both are, check a sample of your wee, blood pressure, ask how youve been feeling etc and possbliy look at booking 20 wk scan???

My MW appointments have never been anything ive looked forward too as always seem to get rushed in and out, last time i saw MW was at 22 wks (i think) and not due back till new year when i'll be 29 wks!

hey hun.... oo ive got my 25 week appointment on the 23rd haha

at my 16 week appointment she just took bloods, weight, checked my wee and blood pressure and asked if there was anything I wanted to ask etc... any problems. Some midwives check to hear babies heartbeat at 16 weeks, mine didnt she is waiting till my 25 week appointment.

Mine was lovely, we listened to heartbeat and she felt my tummy to check everything where it should be. She checked my urine and blood pressure and chatted with me about how i am feeling etc. Enjoy!

At my 16 week appointment, we did blood test results from previous appointment, blood pressure, had a good talk about how I was feeling, determined whether I was high-low risk ( nothing to do with pregnancy/baby but my mental health), as I stopped taking anti-d's @ 5 weeks so she decided I was high risk which just means I see a midwife more often to check on my mental health, which was very reassuring. I also listened to the heartbeat which was wonderful but I completely broke down and burst into tears through shear relief.

I think reading everyone else's experiences it varies depending on what area you live in to how they do things.

Enjoy your appointment :D

MrsBrightside said:
hey hun.... oo ive got my 25 week appointment on the 23rd haha

at my 16 week appointment she just took bloods, weight, checked my wee and blood pressure and asked if there was anything I wanted to ask etc... any problems. Some midwives check to hear babies heartbeat at 16 weeks, mine didnt she is waiting till my 25 week appointment.

Thanks for you replys ladies. Had my appt today, didn't get to hear bubba's heartbeat but had all the other stuff done and everythings good :D Slightly pee'd of though as i have to have my bloods taken again for the blood group/blood count bit as the person at the hospital didn't sign it :?
ANyway, how did your scan go MrsBrightside? Hope all is well :D

Hey hun,

Yeah everything great with me... heard babas heartbeat... checked bloody pressure. My weight is perfect bump size is perfect and she told me how well I look :shock: :lol: also got a free tooth brush and tooth paste and a file thing about money :lol: so all in all a great visit :D

I can't remember how it was last time around for me, but this time (and maybe it's because I'm in a new area) I have had my booking in appointment and my 12 weeks scan, and that is it! Next up is my 20 week scan, which will be when I'm 21 weeks, and an appointment with the midwife at the hospital as I'm on shared care.

Nothing was booked at all for 16 weeks, which I thought was a bit strange, and which is also making me more nervous about the anomoly scan!

MrsBrightside said:
Hey hun,

Yeah everything great with me... heard babas heartbeat... checked bloody pressure. My weight is perfect bump size is perfect and she told me how well I look :shock: :lol: also got a free tooth brush and tooth paste and a file thing about money :lol: so all in all a great visit :D

Aww thats great, now you can have a lovely xmas knowing you and baby are in peak health :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back