• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

16 week app with midwife.

gemmap27

Reaction score
I had my 16 week appointment with the midwife this morning.
She was very nice and I had the triple test. She also found the babys heartbeat – but I got told off for having my own doppler! She advised me not to rely on it as a safety measure - which I dont, but its just nice being able to listen whenever I want to!
I got weighed and am mortified that I have put on 15lb…… I lost 4 ½ stone before I got pg, and was following ww diets very strictly. I am very upset with myself and am definitely curbing all the crap I have been eating! Although I havent gone back to eating how I was, I have introduced some chocolate and takeaways back in. I am starting back to water aerobics this week (I have been swimming for the last couple of weeks) and the midwife said that will be okay as long as I don’t over do it.

Don't beat yourself up about the weight gain hun :hug: I think over the first few weeks especially you just eat whatever makes you feel better because of feeling yucky all the time.

I had my 16 week app on mon and everything went well but they didn't weigh me which I was relieved about :D It took the mw ages to find the heartbeat though because I have an anterior placenta so if I had used a doppler I would have been in a panic.

I have eaten loads during first tri - eating did stop me from feeling sick - thats really eased in the last few fews so no excuses now!!
I will have to throw away that tub of ben and jerrys..... :roll:
Gonna take the dog for a nice long walk after work - that will make me feel a bit better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back