14 weeks, should be excited, but still scared.

*lizz*

Reaction score
i'm 14 weeks. i never thought i'd get this far with all the problems i've had so far already. i didnt even dare to dream of it incase i tempted fate.
MIL scared the crap out of me last night though, she mentioned she's just found out the wife of a man she knew has just been for her 20 week scan and they found the baby had died 2 weeks before and she has to be induced.
every time i think things may be looking up, either something goes wrong or i hear something bad that happened to someone.
i thought once i got to 12 weeks i'd stop worrying and start to just enjoy being pregnant, but i still dont feel like i can relax. i still have a mad panic about everything at least once a week, if not more.
i'm terrified of sex as i had spotting last time due to a low lying placenta. they say sex is supposed to get better in the 2nd tri and u may enjoy it more, well how can you enjoy it at all when all ur thinking about is that u may bleed again as a result of it. o/h read in a magazine that your libido should return during 2nd tri, now he thinks i'm backwards, cuz i want to have sex even less. i feel really low and depressed about everything (i've suffered from depression a lot in the past). i'm in limbo between 12 and 20 week scans and i dont like not knowing whats going on.

i cant wait until i feel the baby moving, at least then i'll hopefully feel more reassured.

Im the same i thought that once i hit 12 wks i would relax but thats me nearly 22wks and im having a terrible time, i had another bleed on monday and its just so worrying.....i do feel reassured now i feel baby moving but its still very scary, im scared to buy things incase things go wrong, and as for sex ive not had any since i found out i was pregnant i just dont want to risk after having 2 miscarriages. I dont think we will relax untill we have baby and then a whole new set of worries will start. Just take each day as it comes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh hun......

I think everyone is worried in the limbo stage, whether they have had a miscarriage or not - if its causing you that much stress I would suggest having a private scan done early, and then you know all is well - by 18 weeks or so you should start to feel some movements (dont panic though it can be much later).........

As for the the sex thing, I think your DH needs to be more understanding - my sex drive was dreadful in Tri 2, although we did continue to have sex once a week, and have done throughout (we dont have any reasons not to though) - all that said sex in Tri 3 is much more fun, you are definitely more relaxed as its only a matter of weeks until you get to meet your LO and sex is fun, probably because its so tricky.....and you cant help but laugh!

Hope you feel better soon, and am sure the cost of a private scan would be worth the money considering how low you are feeling.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lizz it is so difficult not too worry but I'm 21 weeks and still paranoid but I do feel better than I did in the earlier weeks. It does help once you feel the baby move but I still worry if the baby has moved less than the day before! I do tell myself though that there is nothing I can do to prevent anything bad happening again and then I start thinking in a more rational sense and calm down a little. It isn't much of a comfort but does help me somewhat. Never forget your not alone as we all know how your feeling :hug: so this is a great place to come for reassurance, hugs and to let off some steam.

Oh and you should be seeing ur MW before the next scan, I did @ 16 weeks and heard the hb, so focus on that as a next goal first then after that think ahead to the second scan. As Sara said, take each day as it comes :hug: , oh and dont believe all thats put in magazines, we are all completely different so relax about the sex thing.

This is my problem, I keep reading up on things and hearing about other people's bad experiences. I think the success rate of pregnancies after 12 weeks is 80% so that's quite a high percentage. It's hard to say "try not to worry" because it's only natural. Just maybe try and do things to take your mind off of it if that's possible. I'm sure everything will be fine for you. You've got out of the most crucial phase xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back