14 weeks pregnant again

claire5439

Reaction score
I lost my first baby earlier this year at 22 weeks. now im pregnant again i just feel a bit weird. a bit like half of me feels one thing, and the other half feels something else.
dont get me wrong, i am so happy to be pregnant again.
I just want both of my babies to be here with me.
Think i am a bit hormonal, been close to tears all day.
Was just wondering if anyone else has felt like this??

ive lost 2 in the past, both really early, but the 1st one i thought about all the time.
its natural to think that way. my sister lost one quite late on, and she still thinks about him.

congrats hun, i hope everything goes well for you :hugs:

nothing will stop you thinking about the baby you lost, wishing you all the best. xx

your brain is just keeping you safe hun, basically you are not letting yourself get too excited incase (god forbid) anything should happen again.

ive lost 2 and got 2 kids but when i was expecting my second i just couldnt get excited for ages, i was basically not wanting to get into it as that day when you world falls apart just makes you feel sick to the stomach.

as the pregnancy progresses and especially one you lo is here safe and sound you will feel alot better, dont feel bad xxx

hey honey, i am not in this boat yet but i will be soon, i am trying to conceive after loosing my little girl at 23 weeks :(

I know i am going to be worried about it all the way through, i mourn in a way, that joy that people feel at their 12 week scan... at their 20 week scan. I know i will have relief from neither. I have already decided that beyond the people on here, my bestie and my husband (and my mum) i wont be telling anyone about my pregnancy until 25 weeks. I dont even want my husband to tell his family because of how terribly his mother reacted to the news... Just cant deal with her cold shoulder shite any longer :(

anyway, so i totally empathise with how your feeling... i know i will be the same but i hope when i get there, ladies like you who are cradling their young can help me through it

part of the reason we have such tough experience is to help each other xxx much love xx

Hi Claire, firstly congratulations on your pregnancy and im so sorry for your loss.. Im 16 weeks pregnant with my second after loosing my son in october 2010, he was stillborn we found out at our 20 week scan he had severe fluid on the brain and would not make it.. I think the emotions you are feeling are normal, i feel like crying everyday and do.. I would love to have my baby boy here and my new baby, it hurts so much.. I wish you all the best in your pregnancy..

Dragon Fi, Im so sorry for your loss.. I wish you all the best in ttc and a healthy pregnancy xx

thanks heartbroken xx its hard but you get by hey - how are you finding your pregnancy? is it hard not to worry constantly?

Hi, thanks for all of your replies.
It helps to know that im not the only one who feels certain things. I think people who havent lost a baby so late on, think im being a cow for not getting excited. But im really not. This was a planned pregnancy,and im happy, but i just worry constantly.
I am having a much better day today, have had a few tears, thinking about the night we lost our baby, but generally kept myself occupied.
The hospital I had my baby in were useless, and a few things have happened since, i just really dont trust them, but i keep having nightmares about them trying to harm this baby,i had one the night before last, and yesterday i was feeling terrible, dont know why i am dreaming such awful things, am i right in thinking you dream a lot more during pregnancy or have i made that up??????

Last edited:
Awwwh, congratulations. Anxiety of it happening and wishing the other one was here are thoughts that are tough to battle through, but u'll become excited when your mind and heart is ready hun. There's another little person growing inside you, a completely different and unique one to the other! you'll never forget the first one, but this one is just as special.
Hope you feel ok. xxxx

p.s- Dreams are the worst when pregnant, i have such vivid and can be really horrible dreams, but fun ones too.
I gave birth going down a waterslide last week, that was a giggle!!!....xxx

when i was pregnant with Jasper, i used to have insane dreams (and properly kinky ones too!)

Dragonfly Fi - Yeah its very hard not to worry, im constantly worring but i know my little boy is looking over us and will help me through the next few months.. And the hospital are keeping a close eye on me..

Claire - Dont mind what anyone else thinks/says, this pregnancy was planned aswell and i cant enjoy it either, to be honest im expecying the worst outcome if that makes sense? its hard to get excited.. I wont be happy until i have my baby in my arms screaming its head off! :lol:.. Oh and the dreams i have scary and sexy ones to! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back