???????????????

ERIN84

Reaction score
Just looking on a site on how effective sweeps can be at 40 weeks (im getting obsessed) and found someone had put this comment on.........

I'm currently 39+5... and i'm really fed up with being pregnant now... i'm very large for dates... and the constant stares from other people and the extra weight that i'm constantly carrying is really getting me down... which i have read can inhibit labour... i have been offered a membrane sweep when i go to the hospital next week for a check on my uric acid, (which is raised) but that just seems to far away... i had an appointment at the hospital yesterday and i had a trace done on baby.. the machine also detected that i am contracting... but could be brackston hicks... I'M REALLY DEBATING ON WHETHER TO LET MY HUSBAND DO A MEMBRANE SWEEP... BUT HOW IS IT DONE?????

How strange!!!!

oh.. i guess anyone could do it if you knew how its done properly?, but i wouldnt let OH do it on me, or even attempt to! thats a scary thought.. errrhh..

Ooo if you find out how effective they are let me know :D

That ladies...well...I certainly wouldn't let anybody other than a health professional do a sweep :shock:

:rofl: surely just have sex and use a position where he goes really deep??? I thought a sweep was basicaly just prodding around with the cervix to irritate it. Im sure OH wouldnt object to a bit of cervix prodding! :rofl:

I can just imagaine what Rob would say if i asked him to give me a membrane sweep :rofl: I was trying to tell him what it was and she was sqeamish! he is awful when it comes to stuff like that. God knows about when bubs is being born!!

Melio - Basically they just say the further on you are the more effective they will be as its more likely that your cervix will be getting ready for labour!!

Surely do do a sweep you have to know what you are feeling for??? I find that really wierd that she wants her hubby to do it....

yeah it is wierd, I dont even know what my cervix feels like let alone my OH!!! :rofl:

yeah it is wierd, I dont even know what my cervix feels like let alone my OH!!! :rofl:

Hahahahaa! :rofl: Would be a memorable experience to say the least I think! lol

They can only be done if cervix is soft - and they seperate the membranes - waters from the uterine wall! Couldn't ask OH to do it - he wouldn't have a clue! My birthing partner offered today half joking - but i nearly took her up on it !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back