12 weeks, put onto ecotrin, should I worry?

Bela

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I'm currently 12 weeks and 4 days,this is my first pregnancy. I had my scan today in order to check the baby's development. All is good with regards to heartbeat and fluid at the back of the neck, however the Dr did say my blood flow and oxygen to the baby is slightly lower than normal and so she prescribed ecotrin in order to thin my blood. She said that this is done in week 12 to 24 in order to help with blood flow as well as prevent high blood pressure later in pregnancy! Just wanted to know if any of you had a similar experience and what your experience was!

Trying to put my worried mind at ease! Thank you so much

I don't have any experience but they say laying on your left side when sleeping helps the blood flow to the baby. x

I was prescribed low dose Aspirin from 12 weeks. Was told it was to help reduce the chance of pre-eclampsia but also to help blood flow in the placenta. I'm having identical twins and my boys share a placenta. For me it's a preventative measure (and one I'm happy taking). I imagine because they've found your flow to be a little on the low side already, they've suggested something a bit stronger than aspirin. I think it can be quite common, don't panic too much about it x

Thank you so much! Feeling a lot better about it now! Good luck with your sweet baby twins! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back