12 weeks - no routine

Eveadel

Reaction score
We dont seem to have a routine except she will go to sleep at about 8.30-9ish each night. She is not consistent with how many ounces she has at each feed, she may be fed 2 1/2, 3 or 4 hourly. She still wakes about at least once a night. Is this normal for a nearly 12 week old baby or should I be trying to introduce a routine??

If you are both happy there is no reason to introduce a routine, she's obviously content and sleeping well :)

i think they develope their own routine, so if your not stressing just let her take the lead a the moment

Thanks girls. I went to my first post natal group class last week and alot of babies seem to have a routine and I was feeling as if I wasnt doing what I should be.

I agree with Urchin, as long as you are happy then thats all that matters. Jamie has never had any strict routine so i wouldnt wory hun :)

I took us about 7 months to get Aimee into a routine. Well she got into one and we just followed and i'm happy with that. She still wakes for a feed in the night but apart from that her routine is great and fits in with my day. It will come with time!

Charlie was about 4 months by the time she got herself in to a routine. Sounds like your doing well.

We were kind of the same at that stage. We started Isaacs bedtime routine at about 11 weeks, that's been a great success.

As for the daytimes, I wouldn't call it a routine as such but we follow a cycle of eat, activity/playtime, sleep and time for Mummy whilst he's napping! Usually to do the cleaning!

There aren't set times for his feeds, it all depends on when he woke up for a feed during the night. Sometimes, he wants more play time than other times, we just go with the flow of things. I guess our only routine is the pattern we follow as mentioned above. I don't like the idea of a routine marked out by times etc...that sounds very rigid to me.

Isaac is the same, he varies how much he feeds even now, he will go 3/4 hours between feeds for the most part unless we've been out somewhere in which case he may go longer.

Isaac is still waking up twice a night, it feels like he'll never go through the night - just our luck but then lots of people have told me that it just happens out of the blue. I'm still hoping :D

It sounds like you're doing really well, go with what you feel is right for you and your baby.

Phew, Im glad that im not the only one then.

Isabella is asleep at the mo so just quickly grabbing a couple of minutes to come on here!!!

Im also interested in whether her not taking more than 5 3/4 oz is why we havent developed a sort of routine???

ellis has only the last two days started his routine... but he still has lots of 30 min naps (every 3 hrs) which he will not just sleep on his own he has to sleep on me.

thankfully in the last few days he has been having bath at 6 last bottle at 6.30 and bed at 7 and i have been putting him down awake!!! :dance:

he feeds every 3 hrs but he chooses how much he will take 3-6 ounces. little bit annoying because you have to make 6 ounce bottles and sometimes he only take 3 and normal only 4 but a few times a day will finish a 6 :roll:

sounds like you are doing fine hun xxxx

Hiya Keely

Im so glad that you posted on this as our LO's were born on the same day although looking at our tickers Ellis looks 1 day older???

Ellis sounds very similar to Isabella so I feel relieved they are the same

Yikees! I was on one at the begining of the week - think I was just over tired that I started thinking enough, Otis is going to have some kind of routine (poor thing wasn't even 3 wks old!!!) :oops: . Still I've put up a schedule (just a rough outline) of his feeding times and nap times that I hope we can loosely stick to. It also gives me a bit of an idea as to what and when I may a minute to myself!!!

Eveadel said:
Hiya Keely

Im so glad that you posted on this as our LO's were born on the same day although looking at our tickers Ellis looks 1 day older???

Ellis sounds very similar to Isabella so I feel relieved they are the same

ooooo thats strange, yes they was both born on the 13th werent they??!! i just checked my ticker and it says 13th on website??!! strange.

glad i could make you feel a bit better hun xxxx

Yes they are both 13th babies, I will have a look at my ticker website aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back