I had similar symptoms as you, they referred to me as pre- pre-eclampsia (ie. i was on the cusp of having it) as i never had anything in my urine. I was put on Methyldopa ( a blood pressure tablet) for a week then when that had little effect, i was induced at 39 weeks. :hug:

I was just monitored weekly by my consultant when i developed high blood pressure and extreme swelling at 34 weeks. I was really worried BUT high BP and swelling does not always mean PE.

My consultant decided to have me induced early (only 2 days) due to my symptoms and the fact that my baby was above average size already for me small frame, and when i was in hospital, my urine tested positive for protein.

The hospital put me on BP tablets and monitored my BP hourly - but then during my induction and whilst on the drip, i'd had 2 bags of fluids over 24 hours and not passed ANY water in my catheter at all - this was the big sign on pre eclampsia taking its toll on my kidneys and i was rushed in for an emergency c-section due to this (and the fact that my labour was not progressing)

You will be ok - they will keep an eye on you and they may put you on BP tablets, but thats nothing to worry about.
I was told by my consultant and the midwives at hospital that they take pre eclampsia VERY seriously, so you are in good hands if you are being monitored
:hug: :hug:

It really depends on how well they can manage your symptoms hun if you have got pre-eclampsia. You may find that a bit further down the line they want you in hospital on bed rest so they can keep a really close eye on you n bubs. You may be asked to take 24 hour urine samples (piss in a container rather than the loo) to monitor protein levels. If you have got pre-eclampsia then really it all comes down to management. Get yourself a bp machine to use at home (lloyds chemists do a reasonably cheap one - this way if they start talking about having you in hospital to do regular BP checking you can maybe stay at home a bit longer by monitoring your BP yourself...
If you got any questions then please feel free to PM me - I had eclampsia with my first son he was born 6 weeks early :hug: xxxx

I have had the same symptons as you from about 26 weeks. I was put on Methyldopa to lower the BP but I still get the headaches and swelling but like you no protein and it is not pre-eclampsia without protein it is called pregnancy induced hypertension. If your BP stays high they will monitor you very closely possibly every week so they will look after you but if you have any worries ring them it is best to ring them and it be nothing than not want to bother them and it be something :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have had pre-eclampsia in all of my pregnancies. The first time, they put me on medication and monitored me closley and then induced me at 37 weeks. The second time, I had it very bad and they did an emergency section at 33 weeks because I had fluid in my brain etc. The 3rd time I was induced due to my waters breaking at 28 weeks (although they didn't induce me until 37 weeks) and they found I had pre-eclampsia just before I was induced.

I was found to have pre eclampsia from week 33. I had swollen legs (almost trippled in size!), swollen face, swollen fingers, swollen hands, protein in urine, high blood pressure, severe headaches daily, blurred vision, seeing spots, and pain in my ribs. I was monitored by a midwife every day who would come round to my house and take my blood pressure. After a few days they decided to send me into hospital and keep an eye on me there. They wanted to get me to week 38 at least. I was given bp tablets the labetatol or something like that. They kept strapping me to the monitor every so many hours to listen to baby. They finally induced me at week 38 as they didn't want to take any chances. I was very well looked after and they fed me too well!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back