10 weeks 5 days, and some blood - advice please

weenik

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just found this site, and it's really useful - well done. I hope someone can give me some advice.....I MC in 2005 at 9weeks, and am on my 2nd pregnancy now. I am 10 weeks & 5 days and had a scan at 8 weeks which showed the heartbeat and everything looked fine.
Yesterday, after the loo I noticed a bit of pinky/red blood when I wiped (sorry quite graphic). Every night before I had been up in the middle of the night for the loo, and had really sore BBS but that seems to have gone. I was also constantly tired, but seem to be able to keep my eyes open a bit longer now. Another thing (I usually talk a lot - sorry!) I had that weird metallic taste in my mouth too but that's not really there today either.

I called EPAS and told them what had happened, and they told me not to worry - just to contact them if there was any change. I'm not in any pain, but don't think I feel the same - especially the BBS thing coz they have been agony for about 6 weeks.

There was some further blood last night when I wiped, but so far today there hasn't been any. I wonder if anyone has any similar experience at this stage and if they could give me any advice, coz I'm really worried. I'm not sure if I'm just looking for things to go wrong because of the way the last one ended.

Thanks in advance, and a best wishes to all of you and your bundles of joy!

Hi hun :hug:

All i can say is i have had 2 bleeds in 2 pregnancies,this one included.

It happens quite a lot, all you really can do is rest and hope. They gave me a scan when i bled with this one at 12wks and LO was ok and i bled for 4 days.

Hope everything goes ok. :hug:

I'm the same and I'm 9 weeks 3 days. Starting slight bleeding on Wednesday afternoon - no pain. Went to my Docs who sent me to A+E was told my cervix was tight closed and not to worry. Had a scan yesterday and all is well :dance:

Had some more light bleeding today, but trying not to worry. My sister says she had the same with both her daughters and they are fine - 4 and 18 months.

I had an MC last year too so I know how you feel.

Please keep me up to date with how it's going and I will too TC :hug:

PS - don't look up the web - lots of scare stories and not very helpful :roll: - I'm sure that my baby is fine and I'm positive your's is too :wink:

Hi

Im sure all is fine, some women do have some bleeding during pregnancy, if your at all worried could they give you a quick scan to reassure you ?
Katrina

Thank you - I'll try to stay positive and let you know how things go. I'm booked in for my 12 week scan on 19/2 so fingers crossed everythings ok x :pray:

Hi hun, I also had bleeding a few times in early pregnancy but it turned out to be fine :)

As for your symptoms, maybe they're beginning to ease off now that you're nearing the 12 week mark.

I hope everythings alright, Im sure it will be :hug:

i'm sorry i cant advise u on the blood, but i hope i can reassure u about the symptoms, i remember at around 10 weeks my boobs were less sore and i felt less sick and it did worry me, but as kirsty said its normal if they ease off around that time (although some poor souls hav sickness well into 2nd tri!)
hope all is well :hug:

weenik said:
Hi all,

I've just found this site, and it's really useful - well done. I hope someone can give me some advice.....I MC in 2005 at 9weeks, and am on my 2nd pregnancy now. I am 10 weeks & 5 days and had a scan at 8 weeks which showed the heartbeat and everything looked fine.
Yesterday, after the loo I noticed a bit of pinky/red blood when I wiped (sorry quite graphic). Every night before I had been up in the middle of the night for the loo, and had really sore BBS but that seems to have gone. I was also constantly tired, but seem to be able to keep my eyes open a bit longer now. Another thing (I usually talk a lot - sorry!) I had that weird metallic taste in my mouth too but that's not really there today either.

I called EPAS and told them what had happened, and they told me not to worry - just to contact them if there was any change. I'm not in any pain, but don't think I feel the same - especially the BBS thing coz they have been agony for about 6 weeks.

There was some further blood last night when I wiped, but so far today there hasn't been any. I wonder if anyone has any similar experience at this stage and if they could give me any advice, coz I'm really worried. I'm not sure if I'm just looking for things to go wrong because of the way the last one ended.

Thanks in advance, and a best wishes to all of you and your bundles of joy!

i bled at 8 weeks with my first and third pregnancies, I was told that some wment have a bleed when they are meant to have a period in early pregnancy

Just to update, I've not had any bleeding since last Friday. Still not got the syptoms as bad as I had before but occassionally. Got my 12 week scan on Monday, I'll been counting the sleeps until then! Fingers crossed everythings ok and I can stop worrying! :pray:

Good luck for monday, it's really good news that the bleeding has stopped.
xxxx

nikbaby-1.jpg

Here's my scan picture, all is well. Midwife put me back 3 days so I'm 11wks 5 days, which means I'm due on 5th September! I feel as if I've been pregnant for ages, and September seems like such a long way!

Anyway, I'm really happy that all is ok - the arm moved when she was going over it and I got a wave. I need to think of a name to call 'it' now, as I really hate saying 'it'. Thanks for your support girls, I'm going to be super positive from now on and enjoy the next 6 months :cheer: [/img]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back