10 month review, worrying now! Again!!!!

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
So Mia scored low on mobility and communication and has to be reviewed in a month. She still stands on tiptoes and that's supported. She doesn't say any words as such just sounds which I'm not too worried about. It's the not standing flat that worries me. Anyone else's little one do that?!?

Hi didn't want to read and run. I wouldn't worry too much. They all develope at different rates. Some babies do things earlier than they 'should' do, some later. I'm sure she will be fine x

I asked about tippy toes and the doctor told me that they don't even start worrying until 18 m old and to not worry as loads of babies do this and it improves together with their confidence. My mum said I was tippy toeing until 14 m old (I walked at 9 m)
Words at 10 m???
Amelie is 9 m and says dadadadada bababababa what words lol???
Me thinks an over jealous hv you have there.

I don't know any 10 month olds who can talk and it is rare for a baby to walk that early! God hvs piss me right off!
Xxx

10m old talking?! Goodness over zealous HV. We have baba, mama, dada but by no means is it said with any conviction just pure chance! Xx

Are there any good/helpful HV's out there?

Granted Jack has a partial tongue tie which maybe hindering his speech but he doesn't say anything yet and he's 2 next week. Babies aren't given a chance to be just babies!! HV's are always so quick to judge if babies don't stick to some stupid list!!
Jack also did it the other way round, he stood flat footed and at about 18mths he discovered tip toes and still loves walking like it alot now.

When i took Jack to the baby clinic 4 weeks ago with my concerns about his tongue and speech a nursery nurse who did 2 year checks happened to be there. I broke down in tears because i thought he should be chatting away by now and she reassured me that many many toddlers don't talk until way past 2 years and not to worry for a while yet. And his Great Great Uncle who's in his 80's now said he didn't say anything until he was 4!!!!!

I honestly wouldn't worry just yet hun x

Claire my OH didn't speak til he was 2yo and I'm not joking u he is the chattiest person iv met in my life!! Literally struggle to get a word in with him sometimes and he's well known for it!

Xx

Sorry I wasn't very clear on the talking bit, she meant kinda da da da or ba ba ba etc she actually did ba ba ba the other day so it's started just! As for standing she said to get her some hard sole shoes so she can't walk on her tip toes as apparently it can cause their tendons to shorten. I'm so sick of these stupid guidelines and people constantly comparing her. She's such a happy and very bright baby and its really starting to piss me off!
Thanks for all you're reassurance xx

Claire my OH didn't speak til he was 2yo and I'm not joking u he is the chattiest person iv met in my life!! Literally struggle to get a word in with him sometimes and he's well known for it!

Xx

So is Jack's Great Great Uncle, he was waffling on and on about me not trying to force him to speak because he remember the frustration and i couldn't get a word in to tell him we don't we just chat away to him as though he can answer us!

If he ends up a motor mouth i'll be one happy Mummy. His version of babbling (it sounds like he's clearing his throat over and over again before saying 'uuuuuhhhh') has escalated in the past week so i'm praying it won't be long now! x

What!!! That's crazy... I was told that a baby/toddler will stand on tiptoes until about 18months (max) and only to be concerned if it lasts longer than 18months... W is 10 months old and doesn't say proper words yet. He babbles, shouts. But it's just noises or mama and dada.
Mia sounds completely normal - your HV on the other hand...

Alyssa had talipes when she was born because she had been breech for so long, and we had to do physiotherapy for the first few months. We were worried this would affect her when she started walking but so far (walking holding hands/supporting, she's not close to doing it herself yet) she's absolutely fine. She dances on her tiptoes because she seems to like it, but she totally can put her feet flat and take step after step. Then she dances on her tiptoes again!!

We go to Baby Ballet and part of the exercises are 'good toes, naughty toes' (anyone who went to ballet will know what I'm talking about!) which actually is the same exercise roughly as we used to do for physio. Baby ballet also practices jumping and stuff (all with support at this age obviously, but will become more independent with age) which will be good for ankle and foot development.

I wouldn't worry at all, our HV said there's nothing at all to worry about at this stage, even if Alyssa was on her tiptoes all the time they wouldn't do anything about it until she was properly walking and they need to give the tendons time to adjust xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back