1 year olds being independant?

kellie80

Reaction score
Nathans been quite happy being a baby up till about 2 weeks ago. Alls changed now! He won't let me spoon feed him and he won't let me carry him up stairs no more. A bit of a pain really cos he's rubbish at spoon feeding himself but he doesn't give me a choice :roll: He still wants to lie on my knee and drink his milk out of a bottle though :rotfl: Is this a normal independence thing they go through at his age (16 months)?

sounds just like mark. he has been going up stairs on his own for a while and is now starting to say no when i ask for his hand coming down the stairs :shock: as for feeding we both had a spoon to start with so i could try and stick a couple of spoons in when he was destracted. he just about feeds himself now which is so messy but he enjoys his food so i wont complain. they get so independant so quickly. Grace is just finding her feet now and has tried the stairs a couple of times so i'll be going through it all again very soon....lol :|

yep.....christopher is the same, wont let me spoon feed him but if i let him do it there is food everywhere but "when" he does eat and feeds him self very little will end up in his mouth :roll:

he also puts his own shoes on, and is just starting to want to dress him self..fair play to the boy he can get his trousers on his legs (but comes to me to pull them up :lol: :lol: )

t-shirt well....can get it over his head and his arms in the slevees but 9/10 its on back o front :roll: :roll: :rotfl: :rotfl:

and bloody hell..if i try and help him turn it round well.....we have a tanturm from hell then just in spite of me helping him he will take it off and throw it on the floor....then put it back on when im not watching... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i think this is the age of independance :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup, I agree! Tom's exactly the same.
Won't be spoon-fed, doesn't want to hold my hand when walking, hates nappy change. Will happily cuddle up and have a bottle of milk at bedtime though! Lx

LucyBee said:
Yup, I agree! Tom's exactly the same.
Won't be spoon-fed, doesn't want to hold my hand when walking, hates nappy change. Will happily cuddle up and have a bottle of milk at bedtime though! Lx

sounds familiar also!! luke doesn't let us spoon feed him but he doesn't want to spoon feed either he wants to eat everything with his hands! rolls off the mat every nappy change, he will still grab my hand for walking up steps and uneven ground and actually remains quite clingy when we are out and about! love our cuddles at bedtime though!

does you Lo's come to kiss you with their mouths wide open!! such sloppy kisses!! but very cute! :lol:

rusks said:
does you Lo's come to kiss you with their mouths wide open!! such sloppy kisses!! but very cute! :lol:

Ha ha, yes! It's so funny. Nathan always gives Aimee kisses too but just opens his mouth and goes for her nose :rotfl:

kellie80 said:
rusks said:

Ha ha, yes! It's so funny. Nathan always gives Aimee kisses too but just opens his mouth and goes for her nose :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: that is so cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back