Mums of 1 year olds

Amy_J

Reaction score
how much time a day do you actually spend with lo? i feel like even though i am with him all day im not doing enough with him! he is quite happy to play with his toys and amuse himself. we play hide and seek and chase around the sofa, i read to him at least once a day generally after dinner before he has his bath and wind down time. i just feel bad when im on the computer, or cleaning etc and he is by himself playing! i talk to him loads and although he isnt a great talker he says dadda mamma dirty and baby oh and TA loads.

you ladies??

I've just had the same conversation with my mum cos Lizzie has just started playing with her toys by herself and I felt a bit weird about sitting down with a cuppa while she played!
But Mum told me to get over it and enjoy it :rofl:

I always forget to talk to Lou, I'll be doing something like cooking lunch and suddenly realise we've been in silence for half an hour! So I start commentating on what I'm doing lol :)

im exactly the same! glad its not just me but he is deffo happy to play alone. we go to baby group twice a week which is great interaction! i was just a bit worried that i should be interacting more! i always do a running commentary on everything...mummy is making a cup of tea, mummy is irorning your clothes etc et lol

It's the same with me and Oscar. I will suddenly realise he's been playing on his own for about 20 mins and I haven't said anything. He soon tells me when he's fed up though lol I can never think what to do with him. Our local pool is shut still, been shut over a year and not open til jan or I would take him swimming regularly. He HATES being in his buggy, he can be in there for about 15/20 mins before he starts to complain, but seeing as he can't walk I can't get him out. It's really limiting what we can do atm actually, but even when he's walking we won't get far lol

I do the commentary thing too! We o to baby group mon and we'd and I try to see other friends one of the other days!hes always asking what's that so I'm always talking to him!as I type he's up at the window laughing at the pic of the 3 of us!!!

I play with Chloe 90% of the time she is playing but we go to coffee morning every Tuesday and she plays with the other kids - she only plays about 60% of the day though the other 40% of the time she runs around or discovers the DVD or sits "chatting" to me lol is asleep or eating I don't mind that she plays every now and then on her own as she is getting older I think it's all part of development x

I'm with charley like 90% of the time! He's so clingy! He won't play on his own, he won't let me sit on the sofa, I've got to sit on the floor even if I'm not playing with him! I can't even go to the loo! Lol
I wish I could leave him more to play on his own! x x

C hates playing on his own for more than a few minutes, he demands entertainment! He's getting better, but he does take up most of my time!

Jasper is also happy to play alone, he has flash card books and we go through them, I sing him songs and read him a book everyday as well as his bedtime story :)

I also touch his nose and say nose, then mouth etc.

we go to baby group on a tuesday & usually meet up with a mummy friend once a week. on the other days we go for a walk every day & spend the rest of the day playing at home but now she's walking she likes just walking about the house exploring! x

Kian goes to a childminder 4 mornings a week whilst i am at work, so he gets lots of opportunities to do differnt acitivties and lots of interaction with other babys/children and a few different adults there. The rest of the time he is with me, i do try and take him out every day either to the park, shops, swimming, softplay centres or just a walk, and when we are at home we play with histoys, play silly games etc, i have tried reading to him but he isnt intrested, sometimes he is just happy to play byhimself for a while though x

amelia can play on he rown and i think that just shows she is comfortable in her own skin and we play 1-1 in between x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back