1 to 2 teaspoons??? confuusssseeeedddd

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
*EDIT* (original post at bottom)
Hey guys, sorry for the confusion, what I meant was the amount of food I should try her with at first. I was told 'start with a teaspoon of baby rice' and what I didn't know what whether that was a spoonful of the complete mixture (once it has been made into the right consistency) OR whether it was the amount of food that 1 teaspoon of rice makes - because when you add milk to one teaspoon of rice you get several spoonfuls - is she supposed to have one spoon of it once it is mixed or the amount that it makes once mixed with one spoonful????

Reading books and info on weaning it said when you start with baby rice to stat with just one or 2 spoons of it but does that mean 1-2 spoons of the rice before milk or once the milk has been added?
Cos the rice says it's 10 spoons of milk to every spoon of baby rice - so is that amount once mad eup what they mean or is it literally a couple of spoon of the made up mixture??

I'd do it as 2 teaspoons of rice then the milk. TBH i never did that though. I tipped a bit, added milk then mixed. I added more if necessary.
I only gave her rice twice as my HV told me not to bother as it has no flavour. She went straight on sweet potato after that.

I think it means that when you give them the first taste of solid food you should try them with 1-2 teaspoons first... ie just very small amounts......

When I first weaned Evie I only gave her 1 spoonful of the baby rice mixture after her milk for the first few times

Messure out 2 of her spoons of rice then add a small amount of milk and mix. If its too think add a bit more milk

I always found that the measurements on the back of the packet made the rice to gloopy ;)

I'd just add enough milk to make it to a consistency that you would eat ready brek and if she struggles then add more milk.

x

I'd recommend tasting a bit when you've got it to what seems like the right consistency. I did that and it turned out to be very drying and sticky to eat so I needed to put in more milk.

When they say 1-2 teaspoons of food it means of what you intend on giving LO.
So make up the baby rice to the instructions on the box and offer LO 1-2 teaspoons.

Also just a quick mention also when making up baby rice or any of the dried food stuff i find that you may add a little more milk as the consistency isnt quite as expected.

Hope that makes sense :)

Suzie and Faith said:
*EDIT* (original post at bottom)
Hey guys, sorry for the confusion, what I meant was the amount of food I should try her with at first. I was told 'start with a teaspoon of baby rice' and what I didn't know what whether that was a spoonful of the complete mixture (once it has been made into the right consistency) OR whether it was the amount of food that 1 teaspoon of rice makes - because when you add milk to one teaspoon of rice you get several spoonfuls - is she supposed to have one spoon of it once it is mixed or the amount that it makes once mixed with one spoonful????

Ok :D

I would say make what 1 spoonful of rice makes, and then give her a teaspoon of whatever its turned into :) you never know she may fancy more than 1 teaspoon of the final product, I think it just means try a little first and then gradually build up, but if she doesn't want anymore or she's not ready you'll soon know. If on the other hand like Ryan he just keeps chomping, then offer more.. it's all so individual to each baby x

I would say as much or as little as she wants. I've read here about babies who were so keen they grabbed the spoon and I guess they'd want more than a few spoons. DD is not even slightly interested so if we had decided to keep feeding her (we're going to wait until 6 months then do blw) one or 2 spoons would have been enough to start her on the idea of eating without stressing her too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back