Your toddlers favourite meal ....

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hello

My boys are nearly 4 and just turned 2. My eldest has always been a picky eater, he has autism and has some sensory problems about food textures but on the whole eats pretty well. My youngest used to be a mini dustbin and shovel in whatever was put in front of him. These days he barely picks at his dinner. Tonight he poked his mashed potato but never actually ate anything so ended up polishing off two weetabix instead so I know he was hungry.

I think they're both a bit bored of the meals we have so I was wondering what your LO's sure fire winner is at dinner time? Just for some inspiration. I'm already planning to cook homemade sweet & sour chicken next week as well as homemade pizza. I believe in everything in moderation so they have mainly homemade meals from scratch but also have chips etc too on occasion :)

I love to cook so any recipe is welcome! :)

My 2 love veggie soup! Sometimes I whack in lumps of gammon too.

Faves are spaghetti bolognaise, roast dinners, omelette, spaghetti hoops on toast but they also tuck into a Chinese when we get that delivered once a month!

Spaghetti bolognese is a big hit with my two boys. If pushed for time pasta shapes with sauce and garlic bread. Cottage pie is also a favourite, which is great because I can sneak in plenty of veg :lol:

My eldest can be quite fussy and I find some weeks are good and others where he'll not eat a thing! My LOs love any type of pasta so we have lasagna or spag Bol most weeks. (I do fed them my favourite which is pasta, beans, and cheese too which always goes down well!). Lamb and mint kebabs and sausages with yorkshires go down well and now he's finally eating rice, risotto too. Sorry there's not any recipes there but some ideas x

Our son is generally a human dustbin. He'll eat pretty much anything put in front of him, apart from broccoli. Really doesn't like it!

He is a bit funny with potatoes, mash, home made wedges or chips he's not too fussed on, boiled new potatoes he gobbles down! I do tend to give him things like pasta, rice and noodles with meals rather than potatoes. He loves noodles, think it's the mess they make!

Pasta! Garlic bread! Plain chicken (like a whole roast) goes down well! Any sort of potatoes but not mash for some reason?! X

Thanks ladies!

Harry my youngest is actually the fussy one now! Blooming two year olds! lol. He hasn't eaten meat in goodness knows how long unless it's sausages. If I sneak even the tiniest speck of chicken on to his spoon he finds it! He has been a pasta monster until recently. He gobbled up jacket potato with cheese and beans last week so they're having that for lunch today :) and up until recently he'd always eat mashed potato but is now bored of that too so I'll try boiled for a while.

Claireypants, soup might be a good shout actually because he enjoys dipping chips in ketchup at the moment so he might enjoy dipping bread too. I was planning on making a tomato and butterbean one next week anyway :)

The only thing I can categorically say that he doesn't like is bananas. He's never touched them, even when weaning. Apart from that it's just the look and textures that he doesn't like.

They're both decent weights and have a good breakfast and lunch as well as snacks so I'm not concerned. I just want to see them enjoying their dinner too :)

My lo' s favourite is pasta, bacon, peas and a tin of chopped tomatoes all in a cheese sauce.

He also loves meat, he's a proper little carnivore!!

XX

Lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, cottage pie, beef stew, mild chilli, mild curry like a korma, dippy egg and soldiers, ravioli, roast veg and meat...

I'm pretty lucky, she eats most stuff!! Apart from onions and peppers that she can fish out of a mouthful of food even though it might only be the size of a pinhead... I'm trying to beat her at her own game though by liquidising stuff she doesn't like before adding it in!

I make a hidden veg sauce because of my fussy pants Harry. I boil up carrot, red pepper, onion, butternut squash, mushrooms and courgette in a tin of chopped tomatoes and a veg stock until it's all soft then blitz it up and serve it with pasta.

Today was a good day. They both gobbled up jacket potato, beans and cheese for lunch and had plenty of cheesy broccoli pasta for dinner :)

Brill! Glad they ate more. I'm afraid I'm a meany mummy, and if she doesn't eat it she doesn't get anything else other than a piece of fruit. She's only missed dinner once - too much like her dad and can't pass a meal up!!

My daughter doesn't really have a fave meal but she refuses to eat her dinner now unless it is exactly what we are having and she seems to have a love of spicy food especially mexican! She thinks nothing of picking off jalapeno peppers off OH's pizza and eating them and there we are finding them too hot and she is happy as larry! If I make anything too bland like mash she just throws it around x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back