Your first sign of labour?

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Hi I am 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant and counting. I was just wandering if any of you would mind sharing your experiences. I would just like to know how your labour started whether it was a show, waters breaking or contractions. Could you also tell me if it was your first pregnancy.
:D

for me the few days leading up to labour were as follows:

nesting -> wouldn't leave the house -> lost show -> mild cramps -> couldn't get comfortable, very hot and restless -> waters started leaking -> regular contractions.

hope that helps x

Gemz said:
Hi I am 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant and counting. I was just wandering if any of you would mind sharing your experiences. I would just like to know how your labour started whether it was a show, waters breaking or contractions. Could you also tell me if it was your first pregnancy.
:D

ist pregnancy ; waters broke and contractions started
2nd pregnancy ; same
3rd pregnancy ; contractions

1st baby waters started leaking then about 48 hours later contractions started.
2nd baby just contractions

Period pains which gradually moved round into my back. Didn't realise I was in labour until I phoned the hospital and they asked me to come in for a check up ...... I was 8cm dilated :shock: Had a slight show when I was at the hospital, my waters didn't break until I was fully dilated.

Xxx

my first got irregular contractions
my second got a few twinges, then regular contractions
my 3rd woke up with really strong contractions, (had him 2 hours later, just got to the hospital in time lol)

i am dreadind this labour, they say the labour time shortens each time dont they?

Hi Gemz,

Katy is my first baby. I had a hot restless night, had first contraction at 4am, show around 5.30 and she was born at 8.10am!!!!!! And I was 37 weeks and 4 days!! :shock:

Thanks for your replies. I am hoping I will be like Katys Mummy and go in to labour a bit early as I am so fed up with waiting now and want to meet my baby. I am trying not to wish it away but I am quite an impatient person and so 9 months for me is a lifetime.

Hello

Maddie was my first.

I knew it was getting close because for a day and a night I felt her get much lower - it felt like she was 'burrowing'! The next morning I had a show. I felt quite strange, and I noticed that after going to the loo when I 'wiped', things 'felt' quite different down there - almost swollen, I think because Maddie's head was so low there was a lot of pressure - still don't really understand that part but I remember saying to DH that I thought things were going to happen very soon.

Then I went into labour that night! This all happened a week and a day before my due date.

LBxx

1st baby was contractions

2nd baby was induced as i had obstetric cholestasis

A show is basically the mucus plug you lose, it's gooey and usually bloody. It's not pleasant but can be a sign that you're nearly on your way.

I had leaking water with Aaron then irregular contractions. He was my first and I was 12 days over due when my waters started going.

Two days before i gave birth had alot of period like cramp pain, on the day i gave birth the cramps where alot more intense some vaginal swelling, and an expectant feeling, contactions where every 20 mins went to hospital to get check up (early morning), was told i was only 1cm dilated and it could be a few days till labour began. Later that day 6pm i was doubled over with cramp, alot of bowel movemenst and the urge to climb into a hot bath, went to hospital they couldnt feel the neck of the womb so sent me home where my cervical plug went small amount of bleeding, and arount 10pm my waters broke, huge gush of water twice, went into hospital and had Kaiden at 8.30am.

Had my show on the Thursday night/fri morning, Waters went on the Sunday then started having contractions early hrs of Monday and gave birth that Monday

I had braxton hicks in the last month on and off, was annoying coz i didnt know when i was gonna start, i was up all night with that i thought was braxton hicks then waters broke at 6am on the loo! Had her at 7:10pm that night :D

Mia - period like pains/cramps then waters broke

Seth - waters broke

Noah - restless night could not get comfy then waters broke

good luck hunny xx

My first baby

Waters broke at 11.55pm I was 37 weeks, had show and then contractions started and my little girl was born at 6.15am. :D

was my first pregnancy and my labour started with my waters breaking was gross :puke: had been havin period like pains for the few nights before 2

first bubba

had really strong braxton hicks day before popping and went into regular contractions the next day - then had show and went to hospital!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back