Your biggest acheivements of 2008??

Geordie&Bairn said:
purple13 said:
i haven't done or achieved anything that doesn't revolve around my little boy. :? :?

i know i said apart from but
thats something to be proud of you've done a fantastic job and your a great mum :D :hug:

[quote="Suzie and Faith":1nzn9w08]I don't feel I've achieved much at all.

But I guess:

*moving out from home
and I know you said apart from...
but being a mum :) - i'm proud of managing to cope.

I'm proud of having been married nearly a year :D

the same goes for you hunnie your a fab mum to Faith :hug:
your to be admired going through what you have :clap: :hug:

and one of them is you have been a wonderful friend to me and become one of my best friends :oops: :D :hug:[/quote:1nzn9w08]

:oops: :oops: awww you're so lovely, BFF :D (best friends forever) lol xxxxxxxxxxx

Growing my own fruit and vegetables
Getting back to work PT and doing my first website in nearly 2 years
Getting through my miscarriage
Paying loads off my credit card
Loving, nuturing and keeping my son safe. My best acheivement by far :cheer:

getting my marriage back on track (i think)
managing to figure out how to divide my time between 2 kids
convincing my sister to go to detox
managing to keep us afloat financially despite some serious problems.

my best achievement will always be my kids :D

Beating extreme PND without drugs (well i'm getting there) and dealing with post traumatic stress. It doesnt sound like much but it has dominated my whole 2008 so is a pretty big thing.
Starting myself off on a new career learning lign language, its a hope for the future anyways, and i love college.

Gosh it makes you realise that you havent done much in a whole year doesnt it? :think: I guess i didn have a baby tho. :rotfl:

Reinventing myself from Cash-rich, time poor, throw-away everything, instant gratification career woman to become a much poorer, much happier, recycling, home cooking, home made cards and gifts making, breast feeding, co-sleeping stay at home mummy!!

Achievements for 2008 compared to some people and their fantastic achievements mine is not a lot but it has to be becoming a mother did not ever realise how much hard work it would be but how overwhelming fantastic it is the best thing by far! I hope 2009 I have just a smige of some of your achievements and I will very happy! We should do this post again next year! X

Not really my achievements but a couple I feel particularly proud about :D

My daughter graduating with a 2:1 from Uni.
My son getting his A levels and settling in Uni.
Getting pregnant and staying pregnant :D

Looking back realising all the hard work bringing up my eldest two without the support of their real dad is his loss not mine or theirs :D

Jane x

Having my beautiful baby,
Staying drug free,

I think 09 will see some big changes for me.

*Finally passing my driving test
*Being confident to have a home birth
*Managing to get through the first difficult weeks of breastfeeding
*Realising that I am fine just the way I am and being relaxed and stress-free for the first time in aaages.
*Being totally happy with my body
*Realising that I am in control of my life and whatever may come up doesn't have to affect the general equilibrium. And so I remain happy no matter what.
:D :D :D :D :D

Giving birth to Izzie with no pain relief (except gas&and air before i startd pushing, then i was on me own :cheer: ) i still feel fantastic whenever i think that i managed that :D

Even though thats a HUGE thing to be proud if, i cant actually think of anything else ive achieved all year :? and i think thats a bit sad :( ive done bugger all!!!! :shock:

Geordie&Bairn said:
Sammystar said:
Breaking away from my loser ex
Setting up home, just me and the kids
Arranging and paying for the divorce
Taking care of the house sale
Getting the girls started and settled at Kindergarten
Getting on top of the debt mountain created by loser ex
Organising child care and work so I can get back on my feet in the New Year

Here's to 2009!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

you deserve a medal hunnie :clap: :clap: :clap: your super yummy mummy 8) 8)
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

awww thanks hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

One thing I've failed miserably at is being a pen pal though! Sorry, will do better soon, I promise :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Buying our own home!
I know it said not to be about becoming a mummy but having my VBAC was my biggest achievement this year by far!

I think my only biggest achievement of 2008 is having Aimee. :D

Getting on with my life and being a stronger/ more confident person without certain people in my life.
Keeping said people out of my life.
Getting my first job in 4 years, and I love it!
Finally moving out into our own house.
Losing all of my baby weight.

I guess with 2 under 2 my achievement is surviving day to day :lol:

Apart from that I've learnt how to stamp on candles, make altered notebooks, have swapped over 100 ATC's (artist trading cards) learnt how to colour in properly and moved house!

I think also being a mother of 2 little uns I've become more confident in expressing opinion or challenging when normally I'd have let things slide (be a doormat!) whereas now I'm not shy in stating my opinion or dislike for something there and bloody then! :D

hmmm, well actually in the last 2 days i have had an epiphany in what direction i want my life to go when my babies are a little older :D
Other than that, making my daughter a big sister who is kind and considerate towards her brother (well most of the time :lol:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back