YOGA??

Yvanne

Reaction score
im planning on joining yoga once ive had my lo, just to tone up a bitty does any1 do it or know sum1 tht does, dont wanna waste money!!!

My gran is a yoga teacher (unusual i know lol) and she's always trying to get me to do it, but i've never done it.

You could buy a yoga fitness DVD first and see if its your thing, and if not take it back!

And if you get really into it, you could take LO to baby yoga, which they're meant to love!

Izzyx

my mum said shell go wi me so i dont need 2 go alone(im shy wen i wanna b!) but shes before and is surprisingly good at it!!!

Yoga is fab. Its seemingly low impact but you feel really toned up after it.
I lost a lot of weight before when I was going a lot and its very relaxing.

Definately give it a shot :D

how soon after pregnancy did u go?just i know ur not allowed 2 do certain excercises etc, incase u damage the womb as its retractin

Hi all

Yoga is great for getting back to shape after childbirth - but then as a yoga teacher I would say that, wouldn't I?! :rotfl:

What I see in Yoga is a way to access and regain health and fitness that doesn't psuh too hard, much of the time you don't really feel like you're doing much that's difficult at all, but it's all good effort and never goes to waste. It helps you clear out your mind and change your attitude to things in life, particularly stressful events, so it's much more than physical (in fact it's mostly mental-emotional).

Post-natal Yoga works so much better if you've been doing it pre-natal, but no wirries if it's too late for that.

You should wait about 6 weeks after birth at least, to allow the abdominal muscles to knit back together. If you had a caesarian, take advice from the doc when to start.

The needs of your body post-natal are very different from your average Yogini, so if possible please find a post-natal class. The main aims of these classes are to nurture you through a period of great change ("mother the mother"), stabilise the pelvic region, realign the spine and open the chest area. These will not be the focus of a regular Yoga class.

You should attend specific post-natal classes where possible for 6 - 12 months after birth. It's also a great place to meet other mums and many classes let you bring baby along so a good (if sometimes noisy) community develops.

Yoga can bring SO much to your life, I really couldn't begin to explain. Please do give it a try (and stick with it for 6 weeks at least, it can be strange to begin with) and fire away if you have any questions.

Take care,

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back