• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

YAY got my MW appointment

kedi376

Reaction score
Actually got my midwife appointment date today. Only took two weeks to get!! :eh:. Then the date she gave me I couldn't do because of work stuff. So I had to go for a date 10 days later.

It feels like ages away, appointment is booked for 13th April (Friday 13th!!) :shock: I'll be 10 weeks by then (if I make it that far!).

Wonder how long I'll have to wait for the NHS scan if my MW appointment isn't until then.

Pointless thread, just had to tell someone, OH is working! :roll:

Yay - so glad you got your letter (your post sounds like a nightmare LOL!)

I got my booking appointment and scan letter at the same time [I see my MW at the hospital not the GP's surgery] and I also got separate letters for each appointment as well :shock: :shock:

I am sure you'll be fine hun, you can have 12 week scan up to week 13 I think so they'll push you through in time!!

Of course you'll still have your bean by the time your appointment comes, silly!

(PS I am not at all superstitious and quite like Friday the 13th :lol:)

xxxxxxxxx

Yay - so glad you got your letter (your post sounds like a nightmare LOL!)

I got my booking appointment and scan letter at the same time [I see my MW at the hospital not the GP's surgery] and I also got separate letters for each appointment as well :shock: :shock:

I am sure you'll be fine hun, you can have 12 week scan up to week 13 I think so they'll push you through in time!!

Of course you'll still have your bean by the time your appointment comes, silly!

(PS I am not at all superstitious and quite like Friday the 13th :lol:)

xxxxxxxxx

Strangely I didn't get a letter, been waiting and waiting and had post from other people so was gonna call them today, then suddenly got a text message with a date and a time for the appointment! Then I noticed I had a missed call and a voice message from the MW. So I called her back.

Eventually I went into the surgery on my way home with my diary and the receptionist worked out a date both MW and I could do!

I'm still praying I'll have my bean, but can't help that wondering still. Just got to hang in there!

How are you? Doing ok?

It's such a scary time isn't it hun?

I feel like you, just want to get through each milestone and for the weeks to pass by without incident.

We're doing well though!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

yay we are 8 weeks this week :yay:. Although I feels like it is dragging, it's not really, when I look back it's going kind of quick.

If I make it to just over 10 weeks with no incidents, then I'll be happy. I have a doppler I bought last time so I'll get to 10 weeks then give it a sneaky go and see what happens. I'll probably just freak myself out!

I don't have many symptoms, sore boobs, tired and feel sick every now and then, some days worse than others. So hoping these are all good signs.

This is toooooooo scary!!

Mine is on that date too! I'm not normally superstitious either, but I too and a bit nervous about it being on that date. I think we're being silly, and will eventually look back and see how daft we were being :) xx

My symptoms (or lack of) are the same.

Sore boobs come and go and some days I am not even that tired.

I have noticed I am eating a lot though!

Think we've decided against a doppler [for the time being at least]

10 weeks will be here before you know it

xxxxxxxxxx

I get a little excited when I read other threads that say they have heard hb on Doppler thinking that could be me soon.

If I didn't already have it I'm not sure I'd go out and buy it again though. I can see myself becoming quite obsessed!

Mine is on that date too! I'm not normally superstitious either, but I too and a bit nervous about it being on that date. I think we're being silly, and will eventually look back and see how daft we were being :) xx

It's strange isn't it, normally I'm not superstitious but can't help myself this time! Mad!

Glad it came through hun, its good to have milestones to aim for xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back