• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

wrong???

youngmumtobe20

Reaction score
i feel awful saying this cos many people dont get to experience being pregnant, but i really dont feel llike im enjoying it :? Dont get me wrong i want this baby sooo much and i cant wait to hold him/her in my arms but i hate the way i feel at the moment. down or stressed ALL THE TIME, tired all the time, feeling fat n frumpy at 20 :| im just hoping that once i get s proper bump and i start to feel bubs move i'll enjoy it more. i feel even more awful for not enjoying it!!

has anyone else felt like this with this or ay other pregnancies?

I did and do... I had being pregnant... Having the baby is fantastic... but being pregnant is just the end to a means. I just don't bloom... I wither and flake...

I don't think you would be the first woman to feel like this nor will you be the last. It's not that you are not grateful for having a baby nor is it anything to go by with regards to being a good mum...just some women don't do pregnancy well. :doh:

Chin up... Its not for long... (although it feels like it) and once its over you realise that you would have walked through hot coals for your baby and that pregnancy was kind of a cop out in that sense... :lol:

I feel exactly the same. Sadly, I'm not blooming, I'm covered in spots, my hair is dry, I feel totally uncomfortable all the time and I'm still not properly enjoying food.

I guess I'm just one of those women who don't do pregnancy gracefully!

I also feel crap and selfish because I get sick of people coming up to me and putting their hands on the bump all the time and asking how the baby is...no-one ever asks me how I am or has any interest in me anymore.

My best mate is the worst culprit...she touches my stomach all the time and it's starting to drive me potty (I'm horrible aren't i!?) :oops:

I do sympathise honey! My second husband and I have been skirting around the subject of me having another baby for many many years now. I gave birth to my son when I was 20 years old with my first husband. Even though I sailed through this first pregnancy without any major complications I didn't carry very well. I was always severely sick and had symptoms from beginning to end. I felt traumatised after and vowed that I would NEVER have another baby again! But as always, life doesn't always go the way you plan and a second (and younger) husband ten years later, meant that at some point down the line I was going to have to decide whether to face it all again!!

I hit that point early this year, aged 36. My son was already 15 years old, and I realised my body clock was ticking away and I had to face that decision once and for all instead of constantly avoiding it! For almost ten years its been stirring at the back of my mind especially since DH said he would love a child of his own, but would never leave me if i didnt, and there would be no pressure from him. Of course, that in itself is a HUGE pressure!!

So after alot of worries and fears I told DH that I had changed my mind this year about not having another child and of course, he was overjoyed! I just realised that I would have to be brave and go through all those highs and lows again to have the baby that DH and I would both end up loving and wanting. But I really do not enjoy 'being' pregnant very much and am doing everything I can to at least try and enjoy it. Unfortunately all those nasty symptoms from first time round have struck me again, almost as I predicted.

So yes, i do feel pretty down alot of the time, but then I look at all these poor ladies struggling so hard to concieve, and then I go and get pregnant again instantly at 36, in the blink of an eye!! I really feel now that I am really blessed, and I often feel guilty whinging about my symptoms. So hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. You won't regret it, I'm positive!! :hug: :hug: (sorry for long post :oops: )

I'm another one! I was just saying in a different thread that I don't find pregnancy a thrilling and enjoyable experience! I think because I've already had one I know what to expect but for some reason everything is so much more uncomfortable this time round. Over the nausia and sickness now thank goodness, but I'm still not feeling right. I love feeling baby move and I cant wait to give birth but I'm really looking forward to having my body back!!

I'm just getting to that horrible stage where bending over and leaning forwards can only be done in relative comfort when your legs are wide apart!

Me too hun!
Last time I hated every single second of it. I has every single symptom and illness you could dream of and I was begging the hospital to get it out by 32 weeks. I told them they could keep it for body parts :shock: :oops:

Now of couse I can't imagine life without my little boy, I love him more than anything. I said I'd have no more EVER and the hospital staff laughed and said see you soon. :shock:

But they were right and here I am having a totally problem free pregnancy...so even though it's all awful just now, do remember that it's all worth it and next time will be totally different.

:hug:

Me too hun!
Last time I hated every single second of it. I has every single symptom and illness you could dream of and I was begging the hospital to get it out by 32 weeks. I told them they could keep it for body parts :shock: :oops:

Now of couse I can't imagine life without my little boy, I love him more than anything. I said I'd have no more EVER and the hospital staff laughed and said see you soon. :shock:

But they were right and here I am having a totally problem free pregnancy...so even though it's all awful just now, do remember that it's all worth it and next time will be totally different.

Me too hun!

i know, it'll all be worth it in the end, its just hard to keep urself up when ur body and hormones keeps u down! im having a bad day today, which isnt helping, 2morro i'll probably be loving it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back