Would you

Scarlet06

Reaction score
wouldd any of you buy any of the clothes bundles on ebay... just been having a nosy and theres some nice stuff.

Just wondering if any of you would by second hand clothing?

I would by maternity clothing (because your only in them a few months and the stuff in the shops locally is often frumpy crappy stuff) and perhaps smaller baby clothes, newborn and 0-3 perhaps a little 3-6 type thing as they just grow so darn quickly. Once they stopped growing quite so much I think I'd start buying new but yes I'd buy second hand, just give it a good wash/iron once you get it (even if the advert says freshly washed for posting type thing!). Grab a bargain girl, I love ebay!!

i wouldn't buy any clothes from ebay, not for my baby... not after some ones else has been in it :)

but other stuff maybe

I would, and I have.......I've bought a few bundles of newborn and 0-3 stuff, as she'll prob only be in it 5 minutes! Doesn't bother me buying/ wearing second hand, I also sell all my old stuff on ebay.

I got a bag of newborn sleepwear off ebay and it looks like its never been worn....the baby it was originally bought for obviously only wore it for 5 minutes too!

Libby wil have a mix of new & second hand......cos I love a good bargain!

i've accepted second hand baby clothes off my sister and girlfriend, but probably not from a stranger- i'd be worried about hygiene (i am slightly neurotic tho!)

I'm washing everything I've bought off ebay twice, to be doubly sure they're claen! But I always wash new stuff anyway before I'll wear/ use it.

I got some really nice stuff off ebay the other day, but it was all brand new with tags, still a massive bargain though!

I'm not worried about buying secondhand though, most of those items will have hardly been worn. I've had my eye on quite a few of those bundles, especially the more 'designer' stuff which I would never waste money on otherwise!

sure i would! im all into recycling and stuff! ive always bought second hand. Wash it on a 60 degree wash hang it on the line to dry iron it and its as good as new!
Babies aren't in them five fooking minutes any how :roll:

i got some stuff off ebay it was cheap in good condition and saved me a fortune. watch that they dont make up the bundles with loads of vests. ie 50 item and 30 of those are vests that annoys me

Yes and I have already!

As with Em, I've just washed them!

When I had B&T, I spent a fortune on new baby clothes, probably only worn once, ebay is a God send after you've made the mistake once before and know that they're only worn for 5 mins!

It's not as if newborn babies can roll around in mud! :rotfl:

As someone said above though,probably above 6-9 months, I will prob be buying new and I will prob sell the items back on ebay! :wink:

I agree they do seem to have some bargains on Ebay. I have bought a couple of maternity bits on there... a pair of Red Herring cropped trousers for £5.. bargain. :dance:

Not sure I'd buy baby clothes off Ebay but maybe I would if they were BNWT.

:hug:

Yep. Bought washed and put away.

Definately buy from Ebay,fraction of the cost,hardly worn or not worn at all.

Bargains :D

I've bought clothes,bedding/bumpers and covers, pram all Ebay,a bath brand new £14.99 at Mothercare for a £5 on the car boot,Avent electric steam sterilizer £1 car boot,Swing crib £8 car boot still in Mothercare at £70,as new Dewex cot £50 in loot, the list of bargains is endless :dance:

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

I definately would.

I have sold some good baby clothing stuff on ebay - Like Budge says they aren't in the clothes for long. After hanging on to daughters stuff for 4 years when son came along I decided to sell her 0-3, 3-6 month things and let me tell you they were like new (some things were new and not off then hanger)

Anyway a bundle sold for something like 2.00 and whoever got it had a fab bargain.

Go for it girl I say!!

I bought a box of boy's clothes newborn - 3mths from e-bay and it was amazing---the women who sent it is a superstar :)
The box was massive and took me a good hour to unpack - 25 little shortsleeve gros,loads of nice basics, hats, socks, shoes, 11 pairs of jeans,2 snowsuits etc etc etc £30 :shock: :shock: :shock: ( icl p+p)
I have re-washed the lot but tbh I didn't need to, only thing is Isaac doesn't quite fit any of it yet but he will and I doubt i'll have to buy much till he's 6mths at least....choose seller carefully and go for it :cheer:

I think buying second hand clothes for baby is a great idea, I would accept offof family and friends, ebay is no different, if you receive the items and they don't look/feel right, don't put them on baby, otherwise they are only clothes and will wash and recycling is all good, remember to sell them on afterwards, happy bargain hunting :hug:

I will. I have bought all my maternity stuff on ebay and the bundles are great value. Babies grow so quickly, the stuff will hardly have been worn. I am all for recycling!

cheers girlys, thing i mite just have to bag a few bargins xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back