Would you have a middle name?

Kat13r

Reaction score
I have a girl's name sorted for my bubble:

Mazey-Rae

(Combination of paternal family surname and maternal grandparent name)

But would you put a middle name with it as well, because of it being hyphenated?

Cute name! I think it depends if your last name is long?
So, if it was Mazey-Rae "middle" Smith, then I think it would work....
If, for example, it's Mazey-Rae "middle" Popadopolus, then not so much???

My daughter is called Harper-Rae. She doesn't have a middle name but we decided not to give middle name before we chose her name. Xx

Whatever you decide. I don't think it would be especially out of place to give her a middle name also? My sons name is not double barrelled, but he does have two middle names (so four names still, essentially), Only my husband calls him by all four names. I wouldn't worry too much about it. if there is a name you'd like her to have as a middle name than go for it :)

I think you could have 4 to 5 syllables-worth of names after that (including your surname) & it would be fine.

Although it has a hyphen, it's only the same length as something like Isabel when you say it out loud.

I think without a middle name, people might assume Rae is the middle name. You can't hear a hyphen in speech...

Thanks everyone. All comments make total sense.
My surname is only single syllable anyway and middle name I was going for was Hope so I think I'm going to stick with it.

Thank you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back