Would you complain? UPDATED 26/06 I give up!

maybebaby

Reaction score
I'm getting annoyed with my postman and don't know if it's worth putting in a complaint about him or not.

I ordered a mug from snapfish for part of OH's father's day present and it arrived when I was out on Tuesday morning. Rather than take it back to the depot & put a card through my door, the postman decided to throw the package over my side gate onto the concrete on the other side! Miraculously it didn't break but he had no way of knowing what it was or whether it would survive the fall!

Then today I had another package delivered while I was out and the postman just left it on my doorstep in full view of anyone who walked by. I don't know how long it was there for but I clearly saw it from the pavement so anyone could have taken it.

Both time he didn't even leave a note to say he'd left a parcel, so the first one could have been sat broken down the side of the house for days before I realised, and the one today could have been nicked and I never would have known it had even been delivered.

The thing is I 've already complained about the postman twice - once because he pushed a parcel through my door that was too big so it broke the letterbox, and once because he left a parcel at my neighbour's house who I don't get on with, even after I asked them not to. Both times I complained I asked that if a parcel doesn't fit and I'm not in can they please just take it back to the depot for me to collect because there's nowhere safe to leave it. And they just keep ignoring me.

Sorry for mammoth post but do you think it's worth complaining again?

Omg that is awful service!

Yes defintely complain - leaving parcels with neighbours nd chucking them over your gate? the mind boggles at the idiocy of some people!

He should be reported and hopefully you will get a better pstman, mine would never dream of doing any thing like that - hes very courteous!

Yes i'd complain, make them aware of what's going on, but if they're anything like our depot they'll probably just give him a slap on the wrist! 1 of ours used to get complaints all the time, and he's still doing the same round he's always done for 20 years! I like him, but others don't! (I used to manage a Post Office so listen to people who put several complaints in)

Definitely complain again - its ridiculous! Sounds like he can't be bothered carry it around with him.

The only thing my postie does is that he never closes the gate, but part from that, hes very good :D

yes complain, we had a few days this week when our postman was pushing the ebay purchases i have made though the cat flap instead of the letter box. So after two days i put a sign above the letter box saying Mail and one above the cat flap saying Cats. He apologised when the next day the parcels were again to big and rang the door bell. Luckily we have now come to an accomodation over big parcels.

try catching your postman face to face first to see what sort of person he is.

Sandi

Same complain your head of why should you get your stuff broken or stolen eventually for something to be done about it ?!?!?

sounds like my postman, hes left parcels in my cleaning company trailer, or opens a downstairs window and sits it on window sill or just leaves on doorstep and never leaves a note :wall:

ive complained sooooo many times, then our postman changes and it happens again :talkhand:

Thanks for your replies. I'll call them tomorrow and complain, I don't want to seem like I complain a lot but I expect a decent service from them :shakehead:

Thanks again

definately, its poor service, why should you tolerate it!

I am also complaining as the other day the postie opened my front door and put the parcel in the hallway, this was at half eight in the morning and so luckily i was dressed im not always at that time
I think he did it because he saw me in the front window but it made me feel uneasy as if he knew the door is unlocked whilst im in the house he could just walk in.
I now have started locking the front door but im still angry

Put it in writing hun as they have to act on it (they can always deny receiving calls) & get free proof of postage, cant exactly say they never recieved it can they :lol:

defo complain hun!!!!

my postie (who now no longer does my round ;) ) bended in half a big hard backed envelope that CLEARLY said DO NOT BEND thru the door....

i went up to the main office and complained as i was livid and i got a written apology.

the parcel contained some gorgoeus pictures that xSuzx off here did for me (pencil drawings)

talking of suz.. anyone seen her?

Well I give up :roll:

I phoned & complained on the Friday (13th), and the woman on the end of the phone sounded very shocked etc and said she'd let the appropriate people know and it wouldn't happen again.

So then the following Wednesday I had a parcel delivered while I was at work... which they left with my neighbour.

On the Monday I had a package left under a bush in my front garden.

On Tuesday I had a parcel left under a different bush in my front garden.

I phoned again on Tuesday & complained again, was given a complaint reference number and promised it wouldn't happen again.

So then this morning OH opened the front door to go to work to find a parcel left on the doorstep! I've been up since 6am and the doorbell hasn't rung once, and the postmark is dated yesterday so it must have arrived this morning. I really can't be bothered to phone up again, they obviously don't do anything about it. :(. I would write them a letter but they'll probably lose it :roll:

Id go directly to the main post office and give them a piece of my mind because obviousdly they are too thick to listen over the phone :roll:

maybebaby said:
Well I give up :roll:

I phoned & complained on the Friday (13th), and the woman on the end of the phone sounded very shocked etc and said she'd let the appropriate people know and it wouldn't happen again.

So then the following Wednesday I had a parcel delivered while I was at work... which they left with my neighbour.

On the Monday I had a package left under a bush in my front garden.

On Tuesday I had a parcel left under a different bush in my front garden.

I phoned again on Tuesday & complained again, was given a complaint reference number and promised it wouldn't happen again.

So then this morning OH opened the front door to go to work to find a parcel left on the doorstep! I've been up since 6am and the doorbell hasn't rung once, and the postmark is dated yesterday so it must have arrived this morning. I really can't be bothered to phone up again, they obviously don't do anything about it. :(. I would write them a letter but they'll probably lose it :roll:

Everything he has done is against royalmail policy big time

I work for Royalmail it is pointless ringing the office the complaint wont even get to the managers trust me i know how it works .

What you need to do is ring customer services or fill in a complaint form online then they go direct to the managers then they should see the delivery officer and you will get a letter from customer services telling you the outcome.

customer service no is 0845 740 740 (it is an automated service so just hang in there)

or the best is to do it online at
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... d=15400379

hope this helps
kev
p.s if you need any more help just let me know

Thanks Kev, it was the customer service number I phoned both times & I've been given a reference number. I did ask if I'd hear anything from them about what has happened as a result of the complaint and the guy ont eh phone said no I wouldn't :roll:

I've been lucky in that nothing's actually gone missing yet, but until something does I don't think anything's going to happen :(

maybebaby said:
Thanks Kev, it was the customer service number I phoned both times & I've been given a reference number. I did ask if I'd hear anything from them about what has happened as a result of the complaint and the guy ont eh phone said no I wouldn't :roll:

I've been lucky in that nothing's actually gone missing yet, but until something does I don't think anything's going to happen :(

I would do it online the customer number will sometimes put you through to your local office then you will probably speak to one of your postman's friends so nothing will be done. :wall: :wall:

Try the online and see if that gets you anywhere.

Ring them again don't give up can you not email a complaint through Royal Mail's website?

Thats awful service i wouldn't give up without getting an apology from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back