Royal mail

tracyM

Reaction score
After praising royal mail in all the rants we've had about them - I take it all back.

I've just had a package delivered from one of my clients. It should have contained their 2007 catalogue, a CD, a letterhead and a cheque. The envelope looks as though it's got wet and torn, but looking closely, it's torn beyond where it's wet. The catalogue, CD and letterhead are there, but no sign of the cheque - there's even a paper clip mark on the letterhead where it would have been. I've called the client and they're stopping the cheque, but I'm appalled at the response from royal mail.

I've to get hold of a form from the post office, send them everything (marking where the envelope is wet), get confirmation in writing from my client about what they posted, and send it to the post office. By the time it gets to them, it's going to be after Christmas, and in the mean time, there's a dodgy postman rifling through peoples post and taking what they fancy. :evil:

edit *
Just adding it wasn't my usual postman that delivered it - I still love him, but he did look a bit jumpy when I was signing for it - I should have checked the contents before signing

My sister didn't have post for 4 days the other week and she was awaiting a letter off the hospital. Her babys post mortem results went to her neighbour and shes also had other letters delivered to the wrong address. Its disgusting :shakehead:

I had these doc brown bottles to come I phoned up to get them redelivered as I missed it the 1st time and the sed oh its ok we'll redeliver tomorrow they didnt it was the next day and of course i was out having blood tests and injections and all sorts and on the card in big capital letters it said
THIS IS A REDILEVERY
It seemed very rude and I had to go pick it up grr

Dont even get me started, I swear the Royal Mail are the bane of my life! My postie at home is great, but at work its a different story - never trust redirection - oh and get this....apparantly records of "recorded" deliveries are scrapped after a year, as we found out when we had to prove we had sent out a final cert a year ago but couldnt!!!!

tracyM said:
After praising royal mail in all the rants we've had about them - I take it all back.

I've just had a package delivered from one of my clients. It should have contained their 2007 catalogue, a CD, a letterhead and a cheque. The envelope looks as though it's got wet and torn, but looking closely, it's torn beyond where it's wet. The catalogue, CD and letterhead are there, but no sign of the cheque - there's even a paper clip mark on the letterhead where it would have been. I've called the client and they're stopping the cheque, but I'm appalled at the response from royal mail.

I've to get hold of a form from the post office, send them everything (marking where the envelope is wet), get confirmation in writing from my client about what they posted, and send it to the post office. By the time it gets to them, it's going to be after Christmas, and in the mean time, there's a dodgy postman rifling through peoples post and taking what they fancy. :evil:

edit *
Just adding it wasn't my usual postman that delivered it - I still love him, but he did look a bit jumpy when I was signing for it - I should have checked the contents before signing

...and I bet all you get in return from royal mail as an apology is 2 books of first class stamps :x ...thats all they ever give you. Makes me sick!

Surely the postman couldnt actually do anything with the cheque anyway if it was addressed to you? :think:

Hope you get it sorted :hug:

x-kirsty-x said:
Surely the postman couldnt actually do anything with the cheque anyway if it was addressed to you? :think:

But to cash a cheque all you need is a bill with your name and adress on it and because hes your postman, he could obtain this very easily :?

violet-glow said:
[quote="x-kirsty-x":1u8swj9c]Surely the postman couldnt actually do anything with the cheque anyway if it was addressed to you? :think:

But to cash a cheque all you need is a bill with your name and adress on it and because hes your postman, he could obtain this very easily :?[/quote:1u8swj9c]

I never thought about that :oops: I dont use cheques very often!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back