Worried. :-(

BEX101

Reaction score
Sorry - i'm just a bit worried. I had a blood test for Obstetric Cholisitis a while ago (liver problem) that came back ok. I had another apointment at the hospital and because i still had a few symptoms (itchy arms and leg's) they decided to do anther test just to be on the safe side. The results of my haemoglobin came back within a couple of days (low - but it has been all the way thru the pregnancy) But today (10 day's later) theyve sent me a letter to go back in on monday for "further blood tests" i tried calling but got no answer and i'm a bit worried about what they want to test for. :( :(

Well....if it was something really serious, wouldn't they bring you in at once?
Try not to worry too much, it's probably nothing :hug:

:hug: :hug: im sure everything is ok hun. maybe they just want to keep checking your levels just incase it does show itself. hope everything goes ok on monday.

xxxxx

Maybe it's because your heavily pregnant and they just want to keep a close eye on you or or they might have messed up your results some how.
When I had my second lot of blood tests I had to go back to have more blood taken because some pratt left my blood samples next to a radiator :roll:

Vickyleigh said:
Maybe it's because your heavily pregnant and they just want to keep a close eye on you or or they might have messed up your results some how.
When I had my second lot of blood tests I had to go back to have more blood taken because some pratt left my blood samples next to a radiator :roll:

The radiator thing has occured to me! :shock:

Cant say my hospital instill much faith in them and it wouldnt surprise me if i was sumat like that!

:pray:

i think it may be standard procedure to check them again after a short amount of time. things change in our bodies day to day.

left next to a rad! :shock: :wall: what a plum!!!! :doh:

hospitals are rubbish at leaving messages aren't they! I got a message after my bloods once which told me to ring them ASAP, I totally freaked and it was to tell me my iron levels were still low so keep taking the tablets!! which I have been doing the whole time anyway.....

I would keep trying to ring if you are worried but they would get you back immediately if it was something urgent honey, try not to worry too much :hug:

It could just be a routine follow up blood test is needed.

I had a phone call asking me to go back 2 days later for a repeat test as there was "something wrong" on the first one. When I went back a different MW said she couldn't see anything wrong in the first test. :wall: I was worried about that for 2 days unnecessarily.

:hug:

I called them this morning. The nurse on the other end of the line couldnt tell me what the tests were for, just that i had to go in. :wall:
Thy couldnt book me in today as my consultant isnt on today and aparantly i need to go to one of his surguries. The good news is that they have made the apointment earlier so i have got time to pick my OH up from Lincoln at 4pm. (not seen him for 3 months cos he's bin in Afgan) :cheer:

Just a quick update - the blood tests they called me back for were for...... bloody everything! Well thats what it seemed like. They have re done the liver function tests (altho the other was ok) But there seem's to be some sort of panick over my anemia. I've been anemic all the way thru the pregnancy but basicly the doctor said if i gave birth now i could bleed to death 'cos i'm not clotting properly. So theyre re doing the heamoglobin tests, sumatto do with clotting and testing my thyroid. if it turns out i cant absorb the iron thru tablets or diet (i'm trying my best) thay are going to do a blood transfusion or an iron drip. not sure why theyre in a panick as i've been like this for months.

:hug: Hope they all go ok..and you don't need to have that done! As you say you have been like it for a while and now they want to start panicing!

Bet you can't wait to see your OH :cheer:

:hug: :hug:

Your only up the road from me..which hospital you at??

princess_h said:
:hug: :hug:

Your only up the road from me..which hospital you at??

I'm at Tameside. What about you?

OH is back now and has felt the baby kick for the first time (for him) funny to see his reaction!
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back