worried i wont realise my waters have gone

LucyB.

Reaction score
i keep leaking urine when i laugh/sneeze etc, i know its wee cos its not snotty its just water and like i said its when i cough or sneeze or just after ive been for a wee. but im worried that if my waters just leak slowly and i dont have any contractions that i wont know?? can anyone describe what the waters are like? will i deffo know its them? xxxx

Hey i dont know the answear but will b stalking to see good question x

Wee smells like wee, amniotic fluid doesn't! Get sniffing girl!!!!!

Apparantly the waters smell a bit funny, so I reckon you will notice x

theres no smell to it so im guessing its just wee haha x

I'm the same... My pants always feel damp. I asked the midwife and she said if I ever want to know if it's my waters to put a pad on, the pad would become damp, and she said when it's your waters it's continuous... And yeah... Also have a sniff :)

Hate to be the bearer of bad news girls - but I have no idea when my waters went - despite me and DH having a good sniff of maternity pads. You can get very very watery discharge near the end which can be confusing.

If your not sure, a tip I was given was if you think they've gone, lie down for an hour - waters should gush at least a little when you stand up!

If all else fails take a trip to maternity!
Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

with my dd when my waters went i definately knew!my waters were GREEN:sick:
meconium was in my waters,my daughter was 4days overdue at this point and to me it felt like thick liquid coming out but i dont know if that was because of the meconium :oooo:

I had alot of watery discharge the last few weeks of my pregnancy and it would gush first thing in the morning but this was just discharge.
When my waters went i felt a pop and nothing til i got up where it was a continuous flow of water. SMelt a little salty but not really a smell tbh xxx

I suppose it also depends where the waters leak from too as to the amount that comes out. Someone with more knowledge can probably tell you better than me, but I understand that there is less volume in the hindwaters and therefore this can be a slow(er) trickle?

I'm hoping that we will know for sure or that contractions will follow within 24 hours. I guess the only way is to keep checking ?
xx

I was pretty sure mine had gone when I flooded the bathroom floor at 3am!! lol

I nearly flooded the kitchen out :) but made the dash to the toilet just in time.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back