worried - help

littlesmoosh

Reaction score
hey girls, dex has had a high temperature since yesterday and is very wingey/lathargic. ive given him calpol a few times, it doesnt seem to be doing much. gave him a cold bath yesterday which he enjoyed. all the windows in the house are open but its still like a sauna. im putting it down to the heat and i wouldnt have been worried but i just changed his nappy and its practically dry after not being changed since 8.15pm last night. and they always say 'as long are theyre weeing its fine' so now im really worried. we dont have a doctor here yet so i cant get him seen. looking for some advice and reassurance please xxx

I'd give the NHS number a call just to be sure. They might want you to pop to a drop in centre or somewhere that he can definitely be seen as he's so young. Dehydration can be so dangerous so it's better to be safe and get him checked! I'm so paranoid about this in this weather because I don't know how much babies can handle xxx

Hun get him to drink anything he will drink. Milk, juice, squash anything. If he's got a temperature I'd say he's poorly not just the heat. Do you have nurofen? I find if my two have temperature I give them both calpol and nurofen then you can alternate them. Calpol 4 hours later then nurofen 6 hours. Ring any docs hun and they'd probably see you or can advice you. Actually ring NHS direct hun they'll tell you what to do. Sorry he's poorly. Is he BF still? If so feed as much as he wants xxx

As above just get any fluids you can into him. Try something sugary to perk him up as if he's dehydrated chances are his sugars are low. We've had Jack at A&E twice and both times had to do a rehydration chart. We had to syringe 14mls of any sugary drink or dipralyte into him every 10 mins for 90 mins. You could try that? x

So you've moved house and don't have a doctor? If I'm understanding that right then it doesn't matter, just ring a local surgery and explain he needs to be seen and they will see him. You can fill in the form while you are waiting to be seen.

My fellas daughter comes to stay with us school holidays from up north but she has seen our doctor in the past.

As someone else said though, try and get him to drink anything at all in the meantime xxx

tapatalkin

Hope he's ok hun. I agree with the girls. Plenty of fluids if he will take them and call your local gp explaining and see if they can get you in. I'm sure they will if you explain.

hey girls, thankyou for all your help!!!
hes done a big wee now. called nhs direct, they werent too bothered now hes done a wee. feeling mmore reassured now. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back