Working for NHS - Continuous employment query

gemmamckinley

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just found out I am expecting my 3rd child, which has come as a big shock, but we are both very happy and excited.

My query is my 2nd child is only 7 months and i have only been back to work for 2 months. i work within the NHS and wanted to know if anyone else who works for the NHS has been in this situation before. i havent received my maternity pack from work yet but i am sure the last time it said for full maternity entitlement you needed 12 months continuous employment, and ive read on sites that previous maternity leaves class as continous employment, but i am trying to put my mind at ease and would like to hear that this is definitely true from people it has happened to before.

thanks
Gemma

Hi I work in NHS and as you still recieve half pay through maternity leave and have gone back it's classed as continuous employment as you were still contracted to them. It's only right really you continue to pay your tax when on mat leave :)

^^ What she said. I went back to work after maternity and was pregnant 2 weeks later. I'm not NHS but similar (local government) and am entitled to the same rights again. :)

i dont work for the NHS, but i only went back to work for 2 months between babies and as long as you're paying a bit of NI every month you qualify for maternity pay!!

when you were on maternity leave you were still 'employed' by the NHS so it counts as continuous service. You have to complete 4 months (or 3?) when you return to be entitled to the maternity leave. As long as you dont go on leave too soon, you should be fine. I work for NHS wales and we can get all the policies of the trust intranet, Ive already printed off mine! Good luck!

Yeah, my bessie was in the same situation and she got her mat entitlement no problems....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back