Work...........

angie84

Reaction score
When did people finish work?
im 35 weeks on wed, and still working.
its a bit diffrent for me as i practally work for my self. Its my mums business and i run it. ive stoped doing sats, and we have got someone in. but i am struggling to cope with customers (bridal shop) now.

anyone else in a simliar job?

I work in an office and its bad enough, got 2 weeks left & i'm really struggling now!! Hope you get to put your feet up soon x

I started maternity leave on 1 April. Didn't want to but I was struggling, only working 3 mornings a week, but running around inbetween after my 15 monht old was draining me on top of working, I had no time to sit down and was getting ill alot. Feel so much better now I get 3 mornings to myself!

I finished work on Friday, I am in an office job and sitting in teh chair was getting so uncomfortbale, I had to keep getting up every half hour so I didn;t seize up, so I asked to finish early by 2 weeks :)

I'm still working, was supposed to finish end of this week but have extended it till end of next week! Muppet! Work in various hospitals around the northwest so do a lot of driving and am starting to feel it now but just had too many loose ends to tie up before I finish. I'm over your way tomorrow actually angie, in Arrowe x

I am leaving work at 32 weeks, so 2 weeks to go! I orginally was goin to leave at 36 weeks but due to spd and being a cleaner I have pushed it forward. Although I know the next 2 weeks are going to be absolute hell and wish I could stop now. Xx

I'm planning to stay til 37 weeks. Only in 3 days a week at min so hoping its manageable.

My last day is next friday. I'm office-based at the moment so i'm not doing anything too strenuous but to be honest I can't wait, I feel exhausted!

I'm working until 37 weeks. My job isn't too bad, am usually only on my feet for 1 out of 5 days and am finding it fine at the moment! x

I worked 'til I was 37 weeks. But it killed!! I work for a rail company and walked about 10 miles a night, so staying on any longer really wasn't viable, and about 2 days after I finished my feet swelled up so badly I couldn't wear shoes.

My days are diffrent everyday. Somtimes I can be on my feet for an hr, or 6. The spd hurts and dealing with a bride this morning was a killer.
I was gonna work up till 39 weeks but think from next week will have to go part time, but my mum is getting older and can't cope on her own catch 22!
Who works for them selfs?

I finish up on the 26th possibly not until the 1st of May depending on staffing issues. I work with residential care but ive alot of support when it come to moving and handling people. Tbh i think id go nuts if i had to stop work any sooner my mums not over until May 9th so id be bored :) xx

work in a hospital in theatres as a nursing assistant, dont start mat leave until 37 weeks plus an hours commute each way, id go nuts if i had to finish earlier, x

I'm a nanny of 3 kids working 10 hour days 5 days a week.
My plan was to finish at 36 weeks but going in Tomoz to admit I can finish a week earlier as I'm really struggling now xx

Follow what your body tells you, must be hard since your running the shop x

I feel so lazy finishing up work so early compared to u all! :( I know I am going to go out of my mind being at home 8 weeks before baby is due, but I think I would prefer that over staying at work.

I work stupid shifts from 4.30 and 5.30 am, and it is just killing me getting up to go and clean at that time! I think last week really did it in for me though as I worked 4 days doing the jobs of 3 cleaners and it has really peeved off the spd. I think without the spd I would have been able to waddle around work for a few more weeks xx

if i didnt have the spd i would be fine, but its a killer.
might have to go down to part time i think over next few weeks.
soo hard this shop is my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back