Wondering about due date

mum2b410

Reaction score
When I found out I was pg we had only been trying for 1 month...........had been off the pill for 1 month and had a 'normal' period. When I saw dr my due date was set at 2/11/11. When it came to the dating scan they moved me forward 11 days making my due date 23/10/11!! Working things back I couldn't fully understand this as this would have meant I hadn't even had my period! I asked MW at the time if I meant I was gonna have a big baby, but she reassured me it didn't mean that. Aat my 20 week scan and private scan at 30 weeks the measurements have continued to fit with my adjusted due date of the 23rd...........however after a MW appointment today (random MW that I hadn't had before) LO not fully engaged and she reckons he's gonna be over 8lb and that bigger babies tend to take longer to make their way down and get things going with labour ( LO was 2/5 engaged just over 2 weeks ago). Since I am only a day or two off dd I am now wondering if my original dd is more accurate! I'm concerned because if 2nd november is more accurate then I wont have much time at all to have LO naturally before being induced (they only let u go 41+5 at my hospital).

Do u have any thoughts or think I should be concerned that LO not fully engaged and ready to go yet?

Thank u for reading. Not sure if I'm being silly but I am anxious at the best of times and it's starting to pray on my mind a lot! :shock:

It is so weird when they chance the dates, 11 days is quite a lot...I was moved by 6 days and that surprised me. Hope baby arrives soon and u don't have to worry about the dates xxx

LO's can engage quite quickly hunny, i wouldnt worry, like Sarah said you can refuse induction but if they didnt think it was safe after a certain time they wouldnt offer it. Hope LO makes an appearence soon so you dont have to worry x x

Thank u ladies.....yeh 11 days was a big shock at the scan!
Sarah I will read the link, thanks.......xx

Can't get the link to work Sarah...........what should I google to find it? x

They do say that the scan date is the most accurate way of dating the pregnancy and that alot of women have a 'period' while first pregnant most cases they call it an inplantation bleed ?!! hope things get moving for u hun. none of mine have engaged till labour so wouldnt worry too much xxx

They do say that the scan date is the most accurate way of dating the pregnancy and that alot of women have a 'period' while first pregnant most cases they call it an inplantation bleed ?!! hope things get moving for u hun. none of mine have engaged till labour so wouldnt worry too much xxx

Thanks hun.....I know my period wasn't an implantation bleed coz we hadn't started trying until after that!.......I know I gotta trust that they know what they're doing with the dates but it was just such a big shift forward that logically I can't understand that it makes it hard to accept!

I'm just a control freak and wanna know when he's coming! lol

Thanks hun.....I know my period wasn't an implantation bleed coz we hadn't started trying until after that!.......I know I gotta trust that they know what they're doing with the dates but it was just such a big shift forward that logically I can't understand that it makes it hard to accept!

I'm just a control freak and wanna know when he's coming! lol
I'm the same hun its driving me mad at the min !!! was just going to put a thread on cos my body keeps teasing me !! keep getting the little signs and nothing !!! know im going just fully cooked and probably would bother me if wasnt being teased !! plus i know i only have till next fri to wait but hate not being in control !!!! xxxx

Is it a prob for u if LO comes before next friday naturally?............I have pretty much given up on all these little signs.....never seem to amount to much and people keep telling me I will know when it's the real thing so if I feel something and have any doubts I almost dismiss it straight away now coz I don't believe it's gonna happen! xx

Is it a prob for u if LO comes before next friday naturally?............I have pretty much given up on all these little signs.....never seem to amount to much and people keep telling me I will know when it's the real thing so if I feel something and have any doubts I almost dismiss it straight away now coz I don't believe it's gonna happen! xx
No no real problem although help with my other two may b a bit trickier although not impossible !! and definatly wont b sorry so see the back of the pain !!lo weighed 6ib on mon so size is good !! xxx

That's all good then! Hope it all goes well for u hun, look forward to hearing ur LO has arrived safely next week :)

thanks hun feel bit better now ive had a vent !!! sure the next 6 days will go quick then ill b panicing !! hope things get moving for u too and hope your labour thread in on before mine !! xxx

I seriously doubt it, but that would be nice! Best of luck xxx

It's a website called the unnessarean hopefully you can find it or just google refusing induction something like that

I was totally confused about my due date, I was actually moved back 4 days at my scan. I wasn't to bothered it wasn't a huge gap. When I had my 20 wk scan and a 4d scan at 29 weeks I was measuring bigger. Everytime I was measured I was 2cm bigger to. My two sons where 8lb's so I knew that my daughter wasn't going to be small. I gave birth term+3, my daughter was 9lb 6.5oz, natural birth very easy. When she came out, she was covered in a white substance called vernix I think. I've had two babies before they have never had that. The midwife asked me how early she was. Obviously by my scan she wasn't. The midwife told me the substance on her skin would be a 37-38 wk baby being early and the other nidwifes of the ward agreed. So I'm still very confused about this now. When you give birth keep an eye out for the vernix x

It is confusing isn't it! Will keep an eye out when he turns up! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back