will

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i know this is really morbed but how do u go about doing one?
i always thought if nething happened to me god forbid Garry would autmoatically get custody (if he wanted) of Braydon but my mum was on a course the other day and apperently if i write in my will i want mum to have Braydon and state Garry hadnt been interested in B then mum would have alot more chance off keeping Braydon
but how do i do a will do i just write something etc i have no idea - never thought bout it till the other day

You need to get in touch with a solicitor hun, they are good ideas especially as we now have bubbas to think about! I havent got one but they are worth looking at! we both have life insurance though in each ithers name so if i die mysteriously you know ians bumped me off

i keep meaning to sort one out and OH its one of those things you keep putting off...... i think its quite expensive though like 200 quid.

I know you can get a cheap will making kit from the betterware catalogue.. if you get that where u live?

The will making kits are great, but if you want anything other than 20% to go to person A, person B to have my shoe collection, I'd recommend a solicitor. I'm not even sure if Braydon would be covered by a will.

We had something written up when we sorted out life assurance that if we both die, the assets and responsibility for the kids go in trust to my auntie, then pass to Daniel in trust when he turns 18. The solicitor will act for us until all the kids have turned 18.

I think solicitor is the best way hun to make sure everything would be as you wanted it if anything was to happen (heaven forbid)...... :hug: Better to have it all planned and in place than not though hun :hug:

You can pick up a "Do-it-yourself" will kit from anywhere really, WH Smiths, most stationers and so forth but honestly, I'd have a solicitor draw it up for you, especially if you have specific things you want specific people to have. You can specify in them who you would like to raise your child(ren) but you have to remember despite the father taking little interest up till now that he is biologically her father and would have a great case against your 'other wishes' type thing. It's worth stating who you'd like to raise him though - a lot of banks will do wills too. Excecutors can become expensive but worth it to save family rows etc or someone having your will but not declairing it upon your death, one registered with the bank or a solicitor would be read out and your wishes delt with accordingly. I've had a will since owning property and so forth and it does give you a little more peace of mind, it's not morbid just organised and forward planning, it's a must when children are involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back