Why?

Bloom

Reaction score
Why did i read the labour and birth section of the pregnancy book last night before bed :wall: which includes pictures.

Although im really really excited about meeting my baby girl im really nervous about the labour so i thought reading the book would help it really didnt in this case ignorance is definitely bliss.

Am i the only one who is scared of labour im supposed to go to tri 3 very soon i think i will stay here instead. :D

awww :hug:

I dont read the books really, Im so excited about labour and want it to stay that way :lol:

Dont be scared about labour hun, its what you were made for xx

I'm still determined that the stork will be delivering my LO.

I did the same as you last night, turned to a page in m book and saw images of a baby half-way out. I have now carefully explained to my bump that it cannot come out. Ever. Lol.

I am scared but I'm hoping that the pain will be worth it as we get a fantastic end result!!

Ah don't worry, it's not that bad or I wouldn't be doing it for a second time, just think of the prize u get at the end of it

Labour isnt easy, but dont terror yourself, all the way through just focus on holding your baby at the end of it.

Not all labour's are terribly long and painful, one of my sisters gave birth in 3/4 hour, my other sister literally gave birth while asleep, it was the head crowning that woke her up :shock: :shock:

:hug:

Labour hurts but its more like an exercising very hard kind of pain than a having your leg hacked off pain. Just try and remember your body was designed to do this. It can't be that bad or I wouldn't be putting myself through it for a 2nd time :D
I still think it was more painful when my broken leg started swelling in the plaster cast when I was 12. The doctor had to give me an injection to knock me out with that

im glad u posted this hun as the last few days im gettin really scared, infact im petrified :(

aww :hug:

I really think it's the fear of the unknown, I think it all depends on your own pain threshold, I really wouldn't be doing it a third time if it was really that bad, it does hurt, but when you are holding your very own baby in your arms the pain goes and you realise it was all worth it!!!

I am employing the "head in the sand" approach to birth by reading NO books and going LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU when annoying people at work try to tell me scare stories while I'm eating dinner.

What's actually going to happen I don't know and I can't really control it so I'll just deal with it when I get there...

Good luck hun, and stay away from those evil books xxx

I've read a few books but I would rather prepare myself and know what to expect

I am not reading any HORROR books im scared enough as it is how the hell does something so big get out of area so small.????? I know it does but, oh dear i hope it dosnt hurt to much!!!!!!!! Im worried about pooing to ive been told not only does the baby poo but the mother could poo giving birth NOOOOOOOOOOO :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ive done it twice already, and i am seriously bricking it :( I absolutely HATE labour, I cant cope with the pain!

RE the poohing thing - you wont even notice, believe me! You will be so focused on the pain & pushing, you will have NO IDEA that you have done it!

I was my frineds birth partner, and to this day she has no idea that she did - and im not going to tell her! They just clean you up quickly, without you noticing.

i had a really really horrible labour last time wich resulted me having an emergency section and it put me off having kids again but i got talked into gettin pregnant again and i have been scared to go through it but having talked to people in the hospital and my midwife has really helped and im not afraid anymore, they said i will be closely monitored during labour and if it lasts too long they will not out me through it and i will get a section so thats eased me alot.. i hope i can have a normal dellivery and im def having all the pain relief i get my hands on lol.. talking aboout it helps so u do the same..

I am probably strange but although I hate being pregnant I enjoy labour :) - so far have had a 45 hour traumatic labour with forceps (have to say that was the least enjoyable :lol:) followed by a 45 minute breeze and a 4hour oddle - bound to have a tricky one again this time - think it is my turn :lol: and judging by the size of my bump baby is going to be huge

I think it is importnat to be aware of what can happen in labour and think of how you may want to handle it - everyone is differnet and what works for one may not for another - think about when you have bad period pains - what do you want?? someone to cuddle you and rub your back or just to be left alone - I am in the latter camp and when in labour everytime dh tried to touch me thinking he was helping I pushed him away and told him to leave me alone - I swear a lot too in labour which the staff find amusing as dh is a consultant at the same hospital and I used to be a local gp - cant help myself it just comes out - and loudly too but it helps and as far as I am concerned whatever gets me through :)

nikkimitch said:
I am probably strange but although I hate being pregnant I enjoy labour :)quote]

I agree i hate being pregnancy and everything that goes with it and this is def gonig to be my last pregnancy but throw labour at me any day I loved it even though it is painful its such a wonderful and exciting experience even thoguh i didnt have any pain relief!!!!!

Best advice i would give is not to listen to all the horror stories etc etc as everyone has different pain barriers and everyones labour is different!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back