• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why won't he feed properly?

Zazu

Reaction score
Zach has never had problems drinking his bottles before, but for about a week and a half he stops after about 3 oz's and screams and screams! I wind him for ages, and he does a good few burps, but as soon as I put the bottle near him he starts screaming again, I have to practically force him to drink, it's really upsetting, sometimes it can take 2 hours for him to take 5 ounces. I know he is hungry as he will be chewing his hands off. He has also stopped sleeping through, not sure if it's related ( he was sleeping through since about 7 weeks). Anyone know what it could be, I'm pretty sure it's not wind?

No idea, sorry - the only time mine have had problems with feeding is when they've been getting teeth. Has he always been on the same milk?

He has been on aptimil comfort for about a month now, as he had real trouble going for a poo on aptimil, but that never stopped him having his bottle. Think I'll go and see the health visitor today x

Really hope the HV can give you some advice and your LO feels better soon :) xxx

She said he might have an intolerance to milk protien and because he knows it hurts him, he just takes enough milk to satisfy him then stops because he knows he will be in pain, poor little boy! She has referred him to a dietician. Only problem is it can take 4 weeks to get to see him! Just got to persevere to keep his weight up xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back