Why do they do this?

nikkif

Reaction score
Charlotte sleeps through the night, but then will wake randomly, for a night or 2, then sleeps through and so on. I know some of you would be glad that she slept through at all, which i am, but its frustrating not knowing whether to feed her (i do not want her to get used to being fed again) or let her cry it out for 1-2 hours, with going in regularly to comfort her. Problem is she will not eat more solids at the minute so sometimes i think she wakes hungry but i do not always know if that is why she wakes. :wall:

instead of milk, you could try a drop of cooled boiled water - she may be thirsty instead of hungry.

:think:

mia is doing this too at the moment :? i dont think shell settle with just water although i havent tried it yet :doh:

I either picked it up from her, or from my hv, but it seemed to work. Even now alice wakes up wanting a drop of water, but she signs to tell me - its so much easier to know what she wants now she can tell me most things!!

most nights i wake up with a dry throat (and half an hour later i wake up needing a wee! lol).

is she teething? Amber has had the odd night of being really unsettled which is unlike her and she cut her first tooth the day after! i don't feed her and just put some teething gel on her dummy and she does go back to sleep after i have rubbed her tummy and reassured her a little.

yeah could be teething? millie was REALLY bad at sleeping thru she barely could go 2 hours from 4 to 8 months- until her first tooth cut, then she improved loads.

Could be teething. George was sleeping very well then started waking 3/4 times a night for about a week. Just at that time he had 3 new teeth come through!

I'd offer water before milk if she doesn't settle. Maybe try a little calpol if she seems distressed at all.

I usually go with teething, but if you think she's hungry I'd give her a bottle, try water of you think its just thirst but I wouldn't leave her :hug: Isaac often wakes and just wants changing position, usually from his back to his side, he can't manouver all that well in his grobag :? Sometimes he just wants a cuddle, we think he's having lots of vivid dreams/nightmares. Maybe try some teething powders or bonjela, see if that eases her back to sleep. Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back