why do men have to have it THEIR way!!!

catswiskers

Reaction score
from the day I found out I was pregnant me and hubby said if its a boy his name will be Joey but as soon as we left the 20 week scan he says he doesn't like it and we can think of a better name but I've got my heart set on Joey and to me I cant imagine calling him anything else.,My hubbys name is Damien and my grandads name was Thomas so I want to call him Joey Thomas Damien Briggs but hubby isn't keen but I really really REALLY love it!!!! Should I stand my ground or give in and go with a name he likes?

It's so hard is it? Hubby and I have totally different ideas with names, I try teally hard to get on board with some of his suggestions but he doesn't really make the effort to consider mine, he just says no straight away. Would help if he suggested more but he just sticks with his few faves while I giving loads of options for him to laugh at! Blooming boys! Haha! X

You have to have a name you love. If it was me, I would be open to new names, but if I still loved the name after the birth I would just say I think he's a Joey, or maybe Joseph so he doesn't cotton on! Ha ha! This is my intention as DH doesn't like my girls name, but I wanted it for dd who is now 5 and if I am lucky enough to have another girl I'm just gonna say the name in the delivery suite :)

Don 't mention names any more, then at birth hubby will be so in awe of what youve just done , when baby arrives, say hello Joey , ha ha done deal.

I 'm very lucky , hubby shows no interest in naming, i choose the lot!
He once came up with a girls name Erin based purely on fancing an actress from a scifi show!!
He still loves it, if a girl i might let him have it as a middle name if it goes this last time ha
Ive only told him our boys name once, got no real reaction so great- done deal!

Last edited:
I stood my ground.. I had Noah James set out way before i was pregnant!
And before he was born my OH came around to the name.
Good job as i already had personalised items made with his name on lol!

I'd be open to new names, as hard as that is.

It is both of yours baby so I think it needs to be a joint decision.

I had a name on my list for DD2 and this 3 which was vitoed straight away each time.
I loved it, husband wouldn't entertain it. When we were looking at her discussing names I slipped it in to the list again and he loved it!

x

We're having a girl and luckily my OH and I agree on quite a few girls names. Boys name is a completely different story though, we can't agree on one at all. He likes really obscure names and I prefer traditional ones.

I think you need to find a name that you're both happy with but I can imagine it's hard when you've got your heart set on one.

Maybe wait until he's here and then see what name suits him best :) xx

When I fell pregnant with my dd I always wanted the name Rosie for a girl - oh hated it

I remember being really upset and telling my mum who gave me the best advice

'Don't push it, don't argue about it, don't loose sleep over it. when they see what you go through for your child, you will get what you want'

Rosie is now 20 months :) xx

When I fell pregnant with my dd I always wanted the name Rosie for a girl - oh hated it

I remember being really upset and telling my mum who gave me the best advice

'Don't push it, don't argue about it, don't loose sleep over it. when they see what you go through for your child, you will get what you want'

Rosie is now 20 months :) xx

We always wanted Rosie for a girl!

I've let my OH kind of pick both our son's names. With our eldest I wanted him to be Andrew after OH. OH didn't and chose Anderson instead.

With this baby OH picked Thomas and I picked Elliot. I do still prefer Elliot but I know Thomas Elliot sounds better than Elliot Thomas so again, it was a compromise betwhen the two.

I would say you both have to be happy with it but like others have said wait until he's just arrived and hubby is holdi him for the first time and then mention Joey! :)

I had Joey on both my girl and boy list. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back