who is self employed? i need some advise?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
ok..so.. i registerd lottiesbotties a while ago.. and i need some advise on book keeping. i have never done anything like this before and i was supposed to have gone on a course for business start up.. however.. they had absolutly no creche facilities and no local creche will take teds for 2 days a week for 2 weeks (and if im prefectly honest i dont want to leave him anyway. im self employed for a reason - i would have done it but i wouldnt have felt comfortable aobut it) also the course was 9.30-3.30 and charlotte finishes school at 3.20 and its over half an hour away from the school. so i couldnt go on the course.

anyways the inland rev said keep everything reciept wise thats business related. which i have done.. im kinda after some help in keeping my boobks.. i would prefur to do it on the computer.. i dont have excel but i do have works spreadsheet. which i sort of know how to work..

if someone could help me i would really appreciate it. i dont have any business packages from pc world or anything.. so every bit of advise on any softwear which they think i could do with ect would be great to xx

Ill give it a crack at a spreadsheet for ya if you like...as you know im no good at explaining lol.

Other thing you could do is look on amazon for some books on bookkeeping and starting a business...im sure there will be something useful on there :)

Do you want it to be computerised??? when I was self employed I found it easier to be paper based but that was because of the nature of my business!!

I had two files in and out basically and it was kept it date order.... have ya got msn?? might be easier if I explained it all on there...

My msn is

[email protected]

im nearly always on and happy to advise if i can hun xx

www.kashflow.co.uk is a web based program to do all your accounts etc and can make invoices and packing slips.

You can print out reports ready to put into your self assesment etc

if u look online u can find discount vouchers to get it cheaper, it the program that princes trust recomend as its really easy for people to use with no experieince is doing accounts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back