Who can i complain to now? Help!

kellie80

Reaction score
I'm so frustrated with the housing association right now. My house is falling to pieces, i have wind blowing through everywhere and rotting window frames but whats really annoying me is my boiler. I have reported it a few times as i think its unsafe but they just won't replace it. Its about 30+ years old and was put in the house when it was built (they may have even built round it, Lol) and although it works its falling to pieces. Its a floor standing one and all the pipes are on show for Aimee and the caseing gets that hot you can cook on it. The top has now fell of it and so has the door. i have complained to the housing and they came out and said they won't replace it as it still works and have taped it back on :twisted: . I can't believe it! I actually caught Aimee inside it the other day messing with the pipes(luckily it wasn't on) Surely there must be someone else i can complain to cos i'm getting nowhere with them. Anyone any ideas?

(sorry for he long moaning post!)

Thats disgraceful :shock:
Ring the Citizens advice & see what they suggest or write a letter to the housing association stating everything that is wrong with your place & say you want it fixed and or replaced (as it is now dangerous) with immediate effect otherwise you will be contacting a solicitor, tell them they have 7 days to respond.

Good luck :hug:

Agree with Nicki. Write to them outlining your complaints and concerns giving them a reasonable time to respond (usually 14 days) and say you will be seeking independent legal advice of your concerns are not addressed.

Oh and send recorded delivery as many letters kinda get lost.....

I work for a housing association, and deal with gas heating maintenance and servicing.

We have contractors who maintain our tenants boilers, and we ask them to repair them where it is economically viable. If it isnt, i.e boiler is very old and parts are hard to come by, they would recommend a new boiler was fitted, and we would pay them to do it. Its in the intrest of the contractors to make more money, so I am surprised they havent recommended to your Landlord to replace it??

Try writing to your local Councillor, who will contact your housing assocation for you...

Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back