White marks on gums?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

Olivia's got a wee tooth that's broken through (wow, how sharp are they!?) but she's still grizzly at bedtime and dribbling like mad and biting on her finger, tonight I pulled her top lip up and saw that her top gums are quite white at the front? the bit where the tooth would break through is still pink.

Do you think this is more teeth on their way or maybe she has a gum infection or something? I really don't think it's thrush.

Grateful for any advice!

Thanks
Lucy

Awwww, her first tooth already. It could well be that they arent far away. If it was thrush I think you might well see it on her tongue.
I hope she gets through it okay.

hi hun :D does Olivia cry when you touch it? if she does i think it may be a tinny ulster (sp?) or blister. if it is this just rub a tiny spot of bonjella onto it after a feed as if u do it before she will eat it all off.

Then again it could be more teeth just showing the whitness through her gums, if it isnt causing her any pain then give it a few more days and see how she goes anyway couldnt your DH tell you if its more teeth seeing hes a dentist (he is a dentist right :? ?)

Hope those little pegs come through very soon for her hun take care and hope to speak soon

Jean & girls
xxxxxx

Im sorry hun, no advice but wooohhhooo for Olivia!!
:dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:
proud owner of lil white teethies!!! Hope you get some sleep!

weestar21 said:
(he is a dentist right ?)
lol no He's a pc techie!

If the white marks are teeth it looks like she'll have a full front row soon :shock: Which is why I'm a bit worried it might be an infection or something....

go on, you should all go and wake your babies and tell me what their gums look like under their lips! :wink: :wink: :wink:

lauramum01 said:
If it was thrush I think you might well see it on her tongue
thanks honey, yeah that's what I was thinking.

Lucy

Rubie has a white mark exactly the same on her bottom gum. I think it's where the tooth is coming through??

jess got that many teeth quickly i gave up looking, it was a dangerous job. The first one came it and then bang, bang, bang I could see white everywhere.

Lucy said:
lol no He's a pc techie!
Lucy[/quote]

:oops: :oops: i dont know where i thought he was a dentist i honestly thought when we met u said he was a dentist or maybe im dentist in the head.....lol

sorry hun.....lol

lol no He's a pc techie!
Lucy[/quote]

:oops: :oops: i dont know where i thought he was a dentist i honestly thought when we met u said he was a dentist or maybe im dentist in the head.....lol

sorry hun.....lol[/quote]

Hi Lucy!

Heidi the same. When I took her to be weighed I was asking the HV - cos Heidi has been dribblng loads, sucking on her fingers and hands (and trying to grab mine!!!) and she had a look at her gums which are like you described - and said that she was definatly teething.

Little monkeys - it's a bit early really!!!

Calpol is good though - I hate seeing her uncomfortable so I give her calpol when she gets really bad.

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back