• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

white cells

trixipaws

Reaction score
i got my results from the hosp today (after mw found protein in urine)
they said i need to re-test because they'd found white cells.

what does this mean? i'm worried! :(

I've read that a high number of white blood cells indicates infection but thats all it says.

Im sure its nothing serious as they would've told you :hug:

hi hun i had this a few times towards the end of my pregnancy and they kept sending my samples off for further tests and they always came back all clear in the end i asked them about it and they said sometimes a bit of discharge can get in with the sample and this shows up as white cells on the test strip the only advice they gave me was to make sure i did a mid stream sample as the discharge would normally get in at the beginning or end of passing urine so try and avoid catching it then after being extra careful i had no more trouble xxxxxx

White cells in urine can indicate a Urinary infection, but it is generally accepted that pregnant women often have them in their urine for no reason.

I was told at one of my consultant apointments ( i was there for anaemia stuff) that they found leucocytes (sp?) in my urine.

And that they'd send it off to be looked at. I looked it up on the net and apparently they are white blood cells. But i never heard that anything was wrong and they never called me.

So i'm assuming it was ok.

Lau
xx

i had to have a medical for a job i went for and the nurse did a urine sample which showed i has white cells in my wee. she said i had to go to get antibiotics from my docbecause i had a urine infection. But the doc who carried out the medical said it wasnt a concern, especially as i had no knowlege and was not having any unpleasant symptoms.

I wouldnt worry hun, just that you may have a slight infection and not even know it.

I've had this before Trixipaws it just means the body is building up white cells to fight a possible infection. Sometimes you don't even get an infection but the white cells build up as an automatic defence mechanism. :think: I'm sure they would have said if there was anything to worry about. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back