Which brand do you recommend?

NIE

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

There are a lot of good deals on the boxes of baby food at the moment and I was wondering which brand you all use and why. Adam is on SMA White and I plan to stock up on some baby rice for when it's time to start weaning. Is there a certain brand that mixes best with SMA or are they all pretty much the same.

Thanks xx

I think it's all pretty much the same, although I've only ever used the HiPP one cos I've got loads of free samples of it. I mixed it milk for only 2 occasions, after that, it was too bland for LO, so used the rice to mix straight with the purees instead to thicken them up.

Thanks. x

I'll give the rice mixed with puree a try when Adam is ready. Great tip.

Hi, I wouldn't buy too much of it just incase you don't use it. I never gave Dylan any baby rice - I had tasted it before and it was horrible x

I agree with weenik, but because Isaac never ate baby rice, he didn't like it :lol: But all formulas will mix the same I would have thought :hug:

What would you recommed to give him for his first tastes. xx

I tasted the baby rice at a friends house and it is nasty.

I've bought this book:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Annabel-Karmels ... 267&sr=8-1

It's been a great help guiding me along the weaning process.

As first tastes, I made batches of frozen purees of carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, butternut squash, papaya, apple and pear. Started off giving single foods, now I mix and match to create more flavours.

NIE said:

Libby had baby rice but only for a week or two........one packet was more than enough :lol:

Try to get him on more savoury food first, if you give him fruit first he'll only want sweet things to eat.

Try veg puree's - carrot/ parsnip/ butternut squash/ courgette/ potato etc, then start mixing a few diff veggies together to build up a 'taste database' so that he gets used to diff flavours.

If you make your own, add some water in when you puree them to get them nice & smooth :D

Emmylou said:
NIE said:

Libby had baby rice but only for a week or two........one packet was more than enough :lol:

Try to get him on more savoury food first, if you give him fruit first he'll only want sweet things to eat.

Try veg puree's - carrot/ parsnip/ butternut squash/ courgette/ potato etc, then start mixing a few diff veggies together to build up a 'taste database' so that he gets used to diff flavours.

Thanks. I never thought about him only wanting the sweet stuff. xxx

If you make your own, add some water in when you puree them to get them nice & smooth :D

i think i only ever got boots baby rice coz im in the parenting club and i kept getting tokens for free baby rice! i dont think it makes much defference tho tbh, baby rice is so basic- its just rice- theres no recipe, so there cant be much variation as theres only one ingredient!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back