which baby milk do you use?

suzy100

Reaction score
still having trouble with maisy keeping her feeds down.
she isnt sick when i wind her or when shes sleeping, but for about an hour after her bottle.
i still think it is her milk causing the problem.
are all milks pretty much the same or not.
she is on farleys milk for hungry babies

Maybe it's bacause it's hungry baby milk. I know that normal formula is whey based and the hungry baby milk is casein based (or that is how SMA is anyway). Maybe try her back on Farley's first milk before changing brands. It's just an idea but speak to your HV if you are worried. I have pasted a link below so you can read about the different types of milk if you want to :D

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/formul ... htformula/

she was like it on the first stage milk too............

thats what i thought but how do you choose?
its a shame you cant buy sample tins to try. seems such a waste of money to buy a tin and throw it away if it doesnt make any difference.
thats why i thought i would post this to find out which is the most popular

thanks for that. i have tried the ready made cartons but they seem to make her worse, i think it is the preservatives in them.
do you know where i can get the sachets?

that link was from tesco.com so maybe your local big tesco? or mothercare/boots?

good luck, hope it works for her :hug:

I have always found cow and gate to be a really good milk, especially with sickly babies.

We put Maddison on Aptamil First but she was suffering with really bad colic she also suffers with reflux so we changed her to Aptamil Easy Digest.

She is also on infant gaviscon which was prescribed by the docter since been on the new milk and the gaviscon its made alot of diffrence because she has reduced a hell of alot on the sicking .

The only thing is Aptamil Easy Digest is just over 8 quid a box which is abit dearer then standand baby milk .

Iknow cow and gate do there own called cow and gate comfort but i dont know what its like or how much it costs .

goog luck hope you get maisy sorted soon :hug:

Dylan won't keep forumla down he throws it back up after about 5-7 hours and is really sick..i spoke to hv about it and she thinks it might be milk intolerence..I ams eeing the piedatrician on 12th so will know more then..but i tried cartons mentioned this to HV she said it should make no difference but now i am wondering :think:

fingers crossed but i just gave maisy 6oz of SMA ready made milk for hungrier babies and so far has not brought up a drop. she seemed more relaxed when she was drinking it too. usually she gulps like crazy.
is sat in her swing now cooing away to CBeebies. im that confidant, she hasnt even got a bib on...................ill let you all know what happens
as for the MW who says there is no difference between ready made up milk and powder, that cannot be right can it?
after all, cartons have got a massive shelf life

suzy100 said:
as for the MW who says there is no difference between ready made up milk and powder, that cannot be right can it?

its because the cartons are UHT so they are treated with heat to kill any nasties, just like UHT cows milk

Dylan won't keep forumla down he throws it back up after about 5-7 hours and is really sick..i spoke to hv about it and she thinks it might be milk intolerence..I ams eeing the piedatrician on 12th so will know more then..but i tried cartons mentioned this to HV she said it should make no difference but now i am wondering :think:

fingers crossed but i just gave maisy 6oz of SMA ready made milk for hungrier babies and so far has not brought up a drop. she seemed more relaxed when she was drinking it too. usually she gulps like crazy.
is sat in her swing now cooing away to CBeebies. im that confidant, she hasnt even got a bib on...................ill let you all know what happens

suzy100 said:

its because the cartons are UHT so they are treated with heat to kill any nasties, just like UHT cows milk

suzy100 said:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back