wheres my apology?!

trixipaws

Reaction score
i heard on the radio this morning that millions of families will receive letters of apology about the child benefit fiasco.

well, I havent had a letter! :shakehead:

anyone else?

None so far for me.
It had better be a good letter too.
Any grammatical/spelling errors and I will be sending it back with corrections :shakehead:

Tell us what it says. I havent got one eiter but I'm at my mums today.

ok well it says 'the copy of the data is likely to still be on government property' and Child Benefit Payments won't be affected.

'If you are paid through a bank or building society, they are aware of this matter. They are acting on this information, and asure us that they have appropriate safeguards in place to protect you.'

It says report any unusual activity in your account to your bank, and don't give out personal data if contacted unexpectedly. also says there is no need to set up a new account.

'I would like to offer my personal apologies for any worry or concern this data loss may cause you. And I can assure you that all efforts are being made to ensure that such a loss can never happen again.' :?

I'm going to find out about data protection laws. What they've done is illegal I'm sure of it. That letter isn't worth the paper its written on.

Thanks for posting it though hun :wink:

lou said:
I'm going to find out about data protection laws. What they've done is illegal I'm sure of it. That letter isn't worth the paper its written on.

Thanks for posting it though hun :wink:

Of course it is but you dont really think you will get anything other than the apology from them do you?

dey have a f***ing cheek!!....sending apoilogise.....it sudnt of happened in the first place.
xnatx

Hahhahaha my mum phoned Child Benefit people today (she still can claim CB for my sister, because my dad pays British taxes on his Civil servant pension... ).... and they told her it was a huge misunderstanding... and these "CD's" had never been lost in the post.. and that they were just misplaced in the building somewhere :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

jayla's mummy said:
dey have a f***ing cheek!!....sending apoilogise.....it sudnt of happened in the first place.
xnatx

took the words out of my mouth

Nope still no letter for me. I'm going to write back to them when I get my letter and demand an explaination and compensation for possible loss of earnings as a result of their incompetence blah blah blah

The phrase 'pissing in the wind' springs to mind :lol:

They'll fob you off about loss of earnings, I'm more bothered about my kids details being out there... there's no fobbing off to be done about that!

Urchin said:
They'll fob you off about loss of earnings, I'm more bothered about my kids details being out there... there's no fobbing off to be done about that!

Yeah there really is no solution or compensation that could account for that is there. fingers crossed they find the discs :|

even if they find them now they may have been copied... the damage has been done :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back