Where does the time go??

Little Bump

Reaction score
Has anyone else found that their pregnancy has been the longest, and yet the shortest period of time? :?

It really doesn't seem that long ago when I went for my scan and I was only 10 weeks....I had another at 13 weeks, then it took forever until the 20 week scan....it just seemed forever. My ticker seemed to be saying I'd never give birth and it all just dragged....I felt awful constantly, midwif visits seemed few and far between and I had nothing whatsoever to show for it....

Now all of a sudden I have just over 5 weeks *touch wood* a huge bump, the midwife wants me every week, 101 things to do and no energy whatsoever!

I used to long to feel my baby move, now, especially at bedtime, I plead with her to stop, just for a few minutes!!

I've only been here just over 4 weeks but I wish I'd found you lot sooner!

I was thinking the other day that I'm starting to forget what it is like to not be pregnant! And yet at the same time I have just three weeks left so yes, I know exactly what you mean :D

The first 12 weeks were the slowest for me and I remember being totally surprised there was actually a baby in there at our 12 week scan :lol: From 12 to 20 weeks seemed to go quite quickly and was much more enjoyable as the pregnancy was out in the open and we didn't have to pretend I wasn't, not to mention I wasn't quite as tired! The 20 week scan was amazing and was closely followed by the first kicking movements and our holiday abroad. Then before I knew it I was giving up work at 29 weeks and I have no idea where the time has gone since then!! I feel lucky to have been on this forum for my entire pregnancy as well as the 11 months TTC preceding it. Without this forum I would be completely clueless and also wouldn't have met all these people whose pregnancies I feel very involved in :D

I may have to have another just so I canexperience posting in the TTC, 1st and 2nd tri areas :rotfl:

Actually....thinking about it, and the fact I haven't 'cooked' this one yet, maybe not :rotfl:

I do wish I'd thought about joining a pregnancy forum sooner tbh, I only stumbled across here when I was googling a problem the midwife thought I had with bump...it was a shock to bump into Spritzer here as she's a member of a horse forum I was on, weird....

My bump was a suprise, I went to the docs with a 'water infection' that wouldn't clear up and was making me feel very ill :rotfl: I had no dates or anything to go on as I was so irregular, and the shock was just so immense! For someone very focussed on starting up their own business, which largely involved a lot of manual work and horse riding, coupled with the fact I was about as maternal as a loo brush, it was just unbelievable....having the forum would have probably helped me come to terms with it a lot sooner...

And when it aspired I must have been pregnant over xmas and new year, the smoking and parties, and lots of heavy lifting etc with the horses the guilt could have killed me. I think you lot would have been very helpful!

Aww, we wish you had been here from the start too! :hug:

My pregnancy was a mistake - turned out to be the best mistake I ever made! I'd never have got through half of it without this forum. My Mum is a moderator on another forum and when my ex left, she suggested I try and find a pregnancy forum - so here I am! I love it. Don't know what I'd have done without it.

I don't have a clue where the time has gone though! 1st & 2nd tri went sooooo slowly. But 3rd tri has come around so quick! I can't believe my madam is due next week - it's crazy...

xx

I think I'm just a grumpy git :lol:

Lately I've started thinking " Have I really been pregnant for 7 months!? :shock: "
...and then after a moments reflection I turn around and go "...hmmm....yea sounds about right.....quickest point was the 6weeks I didn't know about it and everything else has dragged since then! :roll: ...and still got another 2 months easy yet :shakehead: "

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back