Where do babies come from?

Ruthy

Reaction score
Yeah,recently kylie's been asking where babies come from,and i think its a bit early for the real way,what should i say? :think:

A girl at Ella's toddler group who is 4 told me that babies come from mummy's tummy and did I know that?

I was always told that daddy gave mummy a seed which grew in her belly. Not too far from the truth

mummy's special tummy :D that's what we always said and they come out via a special hole.

wait till you have to have the real talk... :wink:

i tell mine that daddy loves mummy and we made a baby and i grew them all in my tummy!

:D How old is Kylie? I've always been told that if they are old enough to ask, then they are old enough to know - but I'd modify it a bit...like Dady gives Mammy a special cuddle because he loves her very much, it's very private, and he plants a seed in her tummy, which grows into a baby.

My Mom gave me a book to read when I was 10 which had been written by a nun! It had all the facts from the female side of things but from what I could tell no man was ever involved!
:oops: :lol:
Sue

Hmm I seem to remember some kind of small kiddie's book by Claire Rayner. If she didn't write it she promoted it. It was all little illustrations of what happens from a child's point of view and even went as far as birth.

Will try to find it online for you if I can.

Sue

my mum told me she went to the drs and got a tablet of the Dr and it makes a baby grow in her............ maybe she was having an affair with the Dr :shock:

every time she went the Drs i was worried she was getting another baby

and babies come out of belly buttons

I don't know what my mum told me but I know I that I never remember not knowing about sex making babies etc. She says that I asked when I was 2 1/2 and she was pregnant with my brother and she gave me an outline and I accepted it and thought not much more about it. It wasn't until I was about 10 that I realised that I'd never REALLY thought about it and that was when kids started talking about condoms etc. It had never occured to me that people did it other than to have kids though so I couldn't understand what they were for! Can't imagine a kid getting to 10 now with that impression!

+++

charlotte is 5 in november and also asked where they come from when she was about 4.

i told her that babys grow in their mummys tummy, but daddy has to give mummy a little tadpole that swims to her egg and they meet and kiss then turn into a growing egg and that grows and turns into a baby, the baby has to stay in mummys tummy untill its big enough to come out. she has seen birth programs and know where they come out of.
i figured telling ehr the truth but not being to grafic on how he gets his tadpole there was sufficient enough, she seemed satisfied with that answer.. i also showed her pictures of the tadpole (sperm) and egg on the computer and a embryo in early development. she hasnt asked aobut it again.

i told Kiyanna that daddy puts a seed in my tummy and it grows in to a baby and when its bornn it comes through the belly button
lol
x sophie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back