When will the worry end?

Hellokitty

Reaction score
I wish I could stop worrying! Its driving me mad. its only a week since my scan and yet I'm already worried again.

I thought it would stop after the scan. :(

Also I told my Mum I was pregnant yesterday and she was so thrilled and dragged me round Mothercare etc. Promised to buy a pushchair and a meternity dress for xmas for me.

So now I dread anything going wrong as it would be double hard to bear.

I know I'm being daft and I'm pretty sure everythings ok in there, but I hate the worry. Its not like me to worry. :roll:

hey tattoo lady,
sorry to say but i have never stopped worrying during my pregnancy BUT it does ease. id say mines eased at about 12 weeks after i got my scan, mainly due to the fact that the risk of m/c falls dramatically (i had a m/c the month before i got pregnant with this baby) and also the fact that i had told my family (that scared the SH*T out of me).
Its just the fear of the 'unknown' which scares me things like labour, will something go wrong, etc. try not to dwell on it too much because its not good for the baby for mum to be worried all the time about things that you cant change.
Relax and try to not think about things too much, and remember if yur really worried about certain things, all the girls on here are more than happy to help and offer advice :hug: .
x

In answer to your question about when will the worry end, I'm 36 and my Dad admits I still give him sleepless nights worrying about me! :roll: :lol:

What you are feeling is totally normal hun. It gets much easier once you can feel LO moving. :hug:

i dont think it will stop but must get easier once you hit the 12 wk mark and the chance of mc falls. im the same, im frightened to tell anyone yet as i still keep thinking the worst, OH wants to start telling family at the weekend as its getting harder and harder to keep stum but im not entirely sure :roll: hope you start to feel a little less worried soon :hug:

Thanks, its nice to know we are all feeling pretty much the same things.

Yes and I know my Dad still worries about me too...lol

If you're 10 weeks why dont you buy a doppler so you can listen to the babys heartbeat? That might help you relax a bit :hug:

Hi hun, i don't think the worry ever ends. :? You can relax a bit more when your past the 12 week stage i think but i am afraid I agree with Tankett, my family still worry abouy me and your mum will still be worring about you.. just different reasons and fears... I worry about my 16 year old and my 13 year old constantly, and their what you call "good boys"
I remember reading a post you made about dopplers... I think we agreed that they are quite stressfull, especially when they don't work properly? or maybe that was someone else ?? opps Don't know now??....

Sorry Kirsty, :hug:
I know lots of people love them or the idea, and have them, even thought about it myself at one point...but then read post about worry and stress through faulty machine..put me off.
take care
Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

Ooohh dont apologise to me!! :hug:

I realised after I wrote the post that a doppler maybe isnt the best idea especially for someone who worries easily, sorry for suggesting it :)

Im sure everything will be fine though, try and relax a bit :hug:

lol

Yes Fynemum it was me that said that about the dopplers, whilst I would love to have one and I am sorely tempted I think it could just be another source of worry!

I'm not a natural worrier Kirsty, thats why its driving me crazy. Generally I just breeze along without a care!

I'm not used to feeling like this, and I think I am going through a particularly emotional stage right now (also something I'm not used to!).

Ah well, guess I'll just have to wait.

Hopefully I will be better when I am back at work tomorrow!

I remember starting to worry less once I started to feel baby moving, though every now and again I'd convince myself that I hadn't felt any movement for several hours, then I'd go crazy thinking the worst had happened :doh:

So I don't know what to say - the only time I wasn't worrying about the pregancy was during labour (had other things on my mind :rotfl: :rotfl: )

Then Maddie was born and so that's non-stop worry. Now PG again and worrying all over again about the pregnancy.

Tell me again - why are we doing this????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LBxx

The worry of miscarrage dropped for me once i was in week 12 but now i worry about the next thing but i am a lot less anxious in tri 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back