When will I be able to TTC again? :'(

baby.3

Reaction score
Found out I was pregnant with my little miracle in Jan (previously needed clomid to conceive). Went for a early reassurance scan at 10 weeks, all was fine. Baby was flexing, heartbeat strong. Went to my hospital scan at 11wks 2 days to be told my baby had stopped growing at 10wks 5days....heartbroken is an understatement.

Had medical management of miscarriage in hospital, passed all I needed to and was discharged the following day. I was told not to have sex until after my next period. I have no idea when that might be and I've still not stopped passing matter. I can't even call it blood, it's more like stringy jelly :/ although it is getting a darker red now.

Miscarriage was 10 days ago, When should I expect to stop passing blood/jelly matter? And do I really have to wait until my next period to have sex? The nurse mentioned it was to prevent infection, but the penis goes in there normally so why would infection be more likely after a miscarriage?

TIA xxx

Found out I was pregnant with my little miracle in Jan (previously needed clomid to conceive). Went for a early reassurance scan at 10 weeks, all was fine. Baby was flexing, heartbeat strong. Went to my hospital scan at 11wks 2 days to be told my baby had stopped growing at 10wks 5days....heartbroken is an understatement.

Had medical management of miscarriage in hospital, passed all I needed to and was discharged the following day. I was told not to have sex until after my next period. I have no idea when that might be and I've still not stopped passing matter. I can't even call it blood, it's more like stringy jelly :/ although it is getting a darker red now.

Miscarriage was 10 days ago, When should I expect to stop passing blood/jelly matter? And do I really have to wait until my next period to have sex? The nurse mentioned it was to prevent infection, but the penis goes in there normally so why would infection be more likely after a miscarriage?

TIA xxx

I'm really sorry:(
I'm not going to be much help but wanted to say just be patient.. the hardest thing right now because things will take time

I had a natural miscarriage all bleeding stopped in a week for me
Been 3+2 days since my miscarriage
My husband and I tried again as soon as the bleeding stopped
We were told to wait until a period but ... being patient isn't easy!!
I haven't had an infection thankfully and I think sometimes they also say not to because if you do fall pregnant again before your period which is very very rare but can happen , it will be tricky to date

This is going to be the most testing time for us so remember to be easy on yourself. Our bodies are going to take time to get back to normal:(

Sorry I couldn't be more help x

So sorry for your loss. I wonder if the nurse maybe miscommunicated the info to you. You can’t have sex until after the bleeding has stopped because of preventing infection, the cervix can stay partially dilated so that’s why infection is a possibility (so you’d normally be told not to Insert anything including tampons etc). But they normally advise to wait until after your first period to try again because this will make it easier to date a future pg. This is what I’ve always been told anyway. So basically as soon as you feel ready post cessation of bleeding. Maybe have a chat with your GP to clarify? There’s no way to tell how long your bleeding will last as it varies, it could be 1-2 weeks or it could be more.

Please look after yourself and fx for a rainbow baby really soon x

hello,

I am going through something similar although I wasn't as far along. We want to TTC after a mc at 5 weeks. I started bleeding on 27th March and I think I am just coming to the end of the bleeding now. We have decided to go for it after the bleeding stops fully. I think they worry about the date of the conception and infection. I would think it would be fine as long as you have completely stopped bleeding as (correct me if I am wrong, I am not a doctor so I am unsure) I believe they have to be sure the cervix has closed and the miscarriage has complete. The body is wonderful at healing itself though so if you feel ready I would say go for it. Good luck and I am sorry to hear what you have been through xx

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I think they tell you to wait because of the dating thing. As long as you’ve stopped bleeding I’d think you’d be ok to have sex. I was told after an ectopic pregnancy with rupture and salpingectony to wait 3 months. I wasn’t too keen on that idea given I’m getting on and minus 1 tube I didn’t think waiting was a good idea. I fell pregnant 5 weeks after the surgery.

Best of luck with your ttc x

So sorry to hear about your loss.

I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said but didn't want to read and run. I agree with everyone else though, once the bleeding has stopped I think the only reason they say to wait is its easier to date the pregnancy if you fall straight away. Good luck

Hi baby3 I just want to start by saying I am so sorry for your loss, it is a truly devastating time and it will take time to heal and not feel as sad everyday. I hope u have plenty of support around u. I had a mmc in October last year after my 12 week scan I found out baby had died at 8 weeks, like u I chose to have the baby removed in hospital as I couldn't bring myself to wait for it to happen. It took 7 weeks for my period to return after I started bleeding. I bled for around 2 weeks after the procedure and then nothing until 5 weeks later when af turned up. I no i shouldn't but I started trying as soon as the bleeding stopped. The midwife told me the risk of infection is only there until the bleeding stops and they tell u to wait until after your first af so as they can date the pregnancy better. Unfortunately my periods have still not returned to normal and r now every 8 weeks so please don't panic if your body doesn't go straight back to your previous pattern. We r all here if u need to talk, please take care of yourself xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back