• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When TTC did you all go to the doctor straight away ........

badhairday

Reaction score
When TTC did you all go to the doctor straight away for advice on dos and donts or did you just decide to let nature take its course. I dont know if I should be seeing a doctor immediately or just take vitamin supplements for a few months, try to conceive and if there is no joy, then visit a doctor.

I went right away, just for a chat and some advice. I've been on depo in the past, and the pill, and I take anti-depressant in winter for SAD so I really wanted to have a natter and set my mind to rest about things.

I don't think there's any rule about it :D I guess it's up to you.

I haven't been to the doctor about it. No need for me - would just be wasting the Dr's time.

I have been through TTC before so know the dos and don'ts, will go when I (eventually :roll: ) get pregnant.

I had to go to the docs to get my coil removed, but the only thing she said was to take folic acid (which I'd already started to take any way).

I think most people let nature take it's course to begin with, but if you think it will help to put your mind at rest definately go.

i didnt go to my docs but i did speak to the doctor at the family planning session who took out my implant and she gave me some leaflets etc on dos and donts.

good luck

xxxxx

i went after 6 months , i was worried scarring from laser surgery was affecting me ttc .

I haven't been to the doctors, want to let nature run its course - if i dont get pregnant within a year i will be going to the docs though (only 6 months left - eek!!)

I went but only because I had a colpolscopy, loop excision & a cone biopsy and was worried it would affect our chances of conceiving. I never went with my 1st two though, just let nature take it's course.

I didnt want to go to the docs, though i was thinking about it.

I just set up a ovulation calndar on the computor and got pregnant after one cycle with both my babies, i didnt take folic acid till i found out i was pregnant though, sounds silly but i didnt want to put pressure on my body by TTC

i have been ttc for 9months now, and i have only just visited my doctor, but not really about ttc, but my irregular periods, he advised me to go back in 6months if nothing has happened.
other than taking folic acid, im sure there is nothing we can really do to help, just gotta let nature run its course!
good luck
xxx

i didnt bother going to see my doctor when we decided to try. we just left it to 'mother nature' i guess. if it had gone on too long and was getting worried then i would.
i read even a perfectly healthy couple it can take up to a year to conceive

I went to make sure i had had all my high school jabs (rubella, MMR) just incase i managed to get any of these whilst i was pregnant and to make my body immune. She said i had done the right thing but as i have a very irregular heart beat she needed to check up on this as well.

Have fun TTC!

I went to make sure i had had all my high school jabs (rubella, MMR) just incase i managed to get any of these whilst i was pregnant and to make my body immune. She said i had done the right thing but as i have a very irregular heart beat she needed to check up on this as well.

Have fun TTC!

I've been ttc for 9 months (1 m/c) I decided to see my doctor because I have been charting and noticed my post ov temps seem very low. I was suspicious that I am not producing enough progesterone to maintain a pregnancy and wanted to get a 25 day blood test to see my levels. She was very resistant to doing the test, but I insisted and guess what? I have very low progesterone levels. I'm having a second test this month and if it is low I am going to take suppliments whether she prescribes them or not.

All of this being told to wait a year and unwillingness to investigate your fertility really gets my goat. I've pretty much diagnosed myself through research. Doctors are so unwilling to help.

If you go, be very insistant and be prepared for very little support.

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back