When to bd?

Rednursie

Reaction score
Hi ladies. This sounds like a really silly question but I am getting confused.....When your OPK is positive does that mean you will ovulate the next day or that you are ovulating when you test? I think I've just got a positive (have kept a sample of same wee to double check with my digi when I get home) If it is positive have a missed my chance already? If not when should I dtd? Im thinking tonight and tomorrow? Sorry for sounding so clueless! It's my first month using opk's properly and I so wanna catch that egg! Thanks in advance ladies xxx

Postive opks equal sexathon for the next 2 to 3 days missy!! Xxx

:whistle: Fapatalking :whistle:

Woo hoo! That's what I thought but wanted to double check. Thank you! The oh is going away with work tomorrow. We thought I might ovulate today or tomorrow so we've concocted a plan- Im going to get the train and join him tomorrow evening until Wednesday. Can't believe I'm actually doing this! The story for his colleagues is that I just fancy spending a couple of days out of London. (Some of their girlfriends are visiting too so Im not too bothered) I get to stay in a hotel for a couple of days go shopping during the day and taken to dinner each night! Happy days! :) oh and sex sex sex! xx

Sounds good to me!!

Good luck catching your eggy!!

x

The three times I have got PG it's been when we've dtd the day after I got the positive opk. It's different for everyone, so just bonk like crazy as soon as you seen you line :) (oh and enjoy!!)

Well I'm just in from work and have double checked using the digi-No smiley face. It was a boots test I used at work and looking at it again the test line isn't quite as dark as the control line. I'm hopeful I'll get it tomorrow....I better as I'll only have until Wednesday to bd-Hurry up eggys!

Hey hun, i use to get so confused when using opks! You'll soon get use to them, when i used the cheapie opks i kept them for a month and taped them into a book in order and dated so i could see the lines getting stronger....i know that sounds gross and slightly mental but it was far easier to compare. Then the month after i had a idea of what i was looking for.

Also when you get your first positive opk (i usually get 2 +opks each month) it means you will ovulate within the next 12-48 hours. So bd like crazy when you see that smiley face!!

Good luck x x x

Update!!!!! Just got a smily face on my digi OPK! And what's even better is that I am on the train to my oh. (Yep, I peed in a pot in the toilet on the train!) I dont think ill tell him whenvi get there though as i dont want him to feel under pressure. He knows im doing it though so if he asks i will say so.....And you know what else? I also used the boots OVK just to compare and the test line was the same strength as the test line yesterday-Which was negative on the digi! So that's that, it's digi all the way for me now, no more messing around with lines!

OPK's are always positive before ovulation never after, so if you got one today then you can expect that eggy to pop in average around 12 - 36 hours later .... good luck xxx

Update!!!!! Just got a smily face on my digi OPK! And what's even better is that I am on the train to my oh. (Yep, I peed in a pot in the toilet on the train!) I dont think ill tell him whenvi get there though as i dont want him to feel under pressure. He knows im doing it though so if he asks i will say so.....And you know what else? I also used the boots OVK just to compare and the test line was the same strength as the test line yesterday-Which was negative on the digi! So that's that, it's digi all the way for me now, no more messing around with lines!

i hated line spotting! Congrats on the smiley digi, i love seeing that smiley face!! Oh and have fun! :lol:

Okay here goes another silly question.....As I got a smily face yesterday should I count today as ovulation day or yesterday? Want to count how many dpo I will be for testing. I felt a sharp pain in my side yesterday so I want to say today is 1dpo. Why does all this TTC malarkey make me feel so clueless! Thanks for all your advice ladies xxx

Hey :wave: Not stalking you promise!! :oooo:

I always get 2 +opk days and i always count the from the second day.

So for example this cycle i got peak on cd17 & cd18. so cd19= 1dpo.

I have always done it like this as i figure if i'm still getting positives them i still in my surge phase there for the little eggy hasnt popped yet! Its probably completely wrong but it works for me!

EDIT!! so if you didnt get a smile today then i would count today as 1dpo!

Last edited:
Stalk away Emma-All advice very gratefully received! I havent tested today (don't have any didgi's with me either as I went mad and used about three days worth yesdaerday with excitement lol) but I would bet my life it would be negative. I had loads of ovulation symptoms Saturday Sunday and yesterday finally getting my smily face yesterday. None of those symptoms today.....They dwindled yesterday evening. So for the sake of sanity (and to stop me buying even more OPK's when I have a cupboard full at home) I Officially declare today as 1dpo! Let the count down begin. Thanks so much for your advice. There'll be none of this pissing around next month (pardon the pun!) when I have my CBFM! xxx

Lol i think its save to say then that your offically in your tww!!! However it won't do any harm to dtd tonight! Cover all bases so to speak!

Oh and i did the same thing the first time i got a smiley face! Lol i like that face...altho i now like the pretty picture of an egg the cbfm shows you when you get your peak reading! :D

Well I have to go back to London tomorrow leaving the oh here so I shall indeed be covering all bases by bd ing tonight-and tomorrow morning-Gotta catch that eggy! And if I don't catch it this month I have a CBFM to look forward to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back