• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When/How to introduce cows milk.

*Star*

Reaction score
Oliver is turning one next month (16th June).

I can't remember with Benjamin, but what's the best way of introducing cows milk. He had a bottle yesterday of it (cause I totally forgot to pick up some on the way home, so had to send DF off out to get some.

Would I be ok to start to gradually introduce a few bottles here and there now before he's one, or do i have to wait until he's one?

He was a small baby when he was born (5lber) so I'm not sure if that makes a difference?

I have the HV coming later today anyway, but I'd like your opinion too!!!

when Willow was 11 1/2 months i introduced cows milk i gave her 10ozs for her first morning feed to see if she had any reaction to it or disliked it etc but dhe was fine i carried on giving her formula in the evenings for that one week as she was fine with it the next week she was on on cows milk 100 % she has never had any problems with it and she has 20 oz a day now 10 in the morning and 10 mid afternoon.

hope this helps a bit. xx

thanks - i guess i'll start to introduce it slowly.
the HV told me off telling me that i give oliver too much milk during the day and to get rid of his milk feeds during the day, just let him have milk in the morning and at night, and nothing during the day, just to up his dairy intake.

Isaac has had cows milk on his cereal for a couple of months now, but not as a drink in his bottle until this month. He has a morning and evening bottle and as I see the evening bottle as VIP as he has nothing then until morning, so I've only changed his morning bottle to cows milk for now to see how he goes.

He knows it isn't formula and isn't overly impressed to date but he's drinking more each morning as the days pass, and I also warm it for him, as he really seemed to dislike it straight from the fridge. Very best wishes with it :hug: :hug: :hug:

on lukes first birthday we gave him a bottle of cows milk we were lucky he loved it and we just kept giving him it from then on, so much easier!!

I asked my peadiatrician yesterday when I can start cows milk as Matilda is 1 this week and he said NO WAY!!!!!, which i was really peed off about, he wants me to keep on powdered formula but to change to the next stage. I disagree with this and am gonna try her, either on cows milk or one of the special baby milks and see what happens. specially as formula is nearly 20e a tin we just cant afford it when there's a suitable alternative.

I asked this only a couple of weeks ago :lol: we've done it very succsefully :D

I just started giving hananh half formula half cows milk, for her bed time feed.
Gradually (well over a couple of days) i gave more cowns milk and less foruler. Ended up just giving her 1 scoop in it by the end of a week. - she did get constipated, but only alittle, no other problems at all.

2 weeks later and shes fully on cows milk. (she has 2 bottles in a day and 2 of a night) TBH I dont think shes even noticed a difference lol.

tuck - I dont know why you doc is so against it... by the time a child is 1 they have a varried diet anyway - getting all vitemins else where - i dont see the problem. (back in my mums day they weened onto cows milk from about 8 months) i turned out alright lol.

good luck hun x

I just finished the formula and went on to Cow's milk straight away.
I think it's fine to start him a bit early.
Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back