When did your lo get its first taste of food?

Olive

Reaction score
Be it a tiny bit of mushed banana or something every so often to full on weaning?

I know a lot of people give tasters before actually weaning and am intrigued!

Thanks x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was under the impression that weaning starts with a little bit of food and progresses up to 3 meals a day gradually so surely if you give a little bit you've started weaning? Could be wrong? Interesting to know?

Hey my Lo didn't have any solids until i started weaning at 6 months. And yes i would say the same as you pinky princess xxxxx

Not until 6 months. I gave him little tastes of things from then and started with one meal a day, up to 2 now at 7 months. I introduce things gradually too instead of lots of new things in one day.

Cool. Fair point! I remember a few girls a while back saying that were giving tastes of something but weren't weaning. I can't remember what thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well my 4year old decided to let lo have some of her ice-lolly yesterday while i was in the bathroom..does that count lol

No, definately not. Not any food at all until 6 months. Not even tastes.

The thing is as well, once you start giving "tastes" you start doing it more often, with more different things, and its harder to stop. Remember their tummies aren't ready for anything apart from milk until 6 months if done earlier theres lots of risks.

They start getting tastes at 6 months, which is called weaning. They dont get full on meals straight away, it'll be like a tea spoon of rice and thats it for the whole day, so if you give tastes you are officially weaning & it can also cause confusion to LO.

Its tempting tho isn't it, esp when they are trying to grab things & licking lips ect, thats not a sign they need food tho

xxxxxxxx

Baby rice at about 5 1/2 months was when Owen tasted anything!! Lol

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

I don't want to tease him, it's bad enough he gives me the puppy dog eyes while I'm eating chocolate, either he can smell it or someone else has let him have a taste!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back